FasTrack CrossOver 22 Degree Setup

iiamsiincere

Hello

I've been pulling my hair trying to look this up and have either found very vague instructions, instructions that relate more towards tubular or people who have misunderstood what I need help with.

I have a dual loop setup for my wall mount (I attached a picture of the outline). On one side of the room I plan to have the 22 degree FasTrack Crossover. I would like to have it setup so that when a train cross over, the second incoming train waits until the train passes by. I know I could manually do this, but since this will be wall mounted closer to my ceiling, I'd prefer it be automated.

I have gone through PDF's/Books that mention automation, using relays, using the 153c and have been told by some I could technically replace the 153c with a 153IR to achieve the same goal.

Currently, I have 1 153IR, a dual RailKing Operating Crossing Flasher, 4 Lionel Block Sections and a Lionel ZW 275 transformer to try and achieve this. I'm hoping to find either clear instructions on what I can do with what I have or if I have to purchase something, at least stay within my current electrical setup (meaning, no TMCC or DCC since that means I need a whole new setup).

Any help would be well appreciated. Also, if this helps, I have access to "How to Operate Lionel Trains and Accessories"/"Easy Model Railroad Wiring Second Edition"/"Wiring Your Toy Train Layout" if someone believes the answer to my question is in one of those books. Hopefully I can either find a comprehensive guide or just a video that I can follow along with.

Attachments

• 20240403_190552.jpg
    20240403_190552.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 18
So you are planning on running two trains on the one track.

153cs are for tubular track.

With Fastracks you will need two or four more 6-12060 block sections. Two if trains will always be running the same direction 4 if they will run both directions. Basically get two relays and connect them such that when powered they cut the power to the opposite approaching track.

What do the arrows I circled in red mean?
loop.jpg

With Fastracks you will need two or four more 6-12060 block sections. Two if trains will always be running the same direction 4 if they will run both directions. Basically get two relays and connect them such that when powered they cut the power to the opposite approaching track.

View attachment 185475

I actually realized where my initial mistake was. I made a test layout on the floor and was pissed to realize that crossover equals tons of broken trains. I see I would need a second crossover in order to keep my plan the same.

I also realized that I could easily go from fastrack to tubular and back to fastrack. I still need to figure out how to properly wire everything in order to provide proper traffic control, whether or not the trains go in the same or opposite direction.

I've been trying to find videos or better documentation on how to do this but the closest I get is with tubular (using the 153C). I'm more of a visual learner, to explain why people's explanations aren't properly sinking in.

I currently have around six 6-12060 block sections (coincidentally).

As far as DPDT relays, I have been Block Sense Relay BSR-2 (from ebay). I can include pictures of how they diagram it and what the relay looks like under here...

1714090720543.png
1714090735241.png

View attachment 185475

This video is the best one I can find similar to what I want to do but unfortunately I don't know how to translate that to a Fastrack setup.

Back