EXTREME Makeover: Layout Edition

Quite an accomplishment! I could practically hear the voice of the woman who hosts EM (don't know her name, sorry) as she does the intro, interviews the owner and the contactor at various milestones, and does the "Grand Unveiling" - with all the matching music soundtracks in the background!:D

just great and well done Ron! within a week!!!!
He he if you are going to make this as your proffesion/job your gonna be: yourowngod!!!

Jos

Extreme Makeover: Layout Edition (The Conclusion)

Well, I finally made it back to the layout.
While I was gone the owner had a mural artist paint the backdrop. He really did a good job tying it into the layout. I like how the river flows right to the horizon, between the mountains and the big city.

Here's a few pix of the backdrop that was painted.
000_0035.jpg

000_0038.jpg

A close up of the mountain region.
000_0037.jpg

A close up of the Big City.
000_0039.jpg

And finally, here's the last piece. The control panel.

It's a simple looking panel. I think it's affective for the person that is going to be using it, a 6yr old boy. I made a schematic of the visible track and label the turnouts to the switches that control them. The Lionel switch machines are nice, they give you a lighted indication of the direction that it is thrown.

000_0047.jpg

000_0048.jpg

Here is the final video after it was done.
Extreme Makeover: Layout Edition

fantastic, that loco looks 1000% better now that the scenery is done. Awesome work you really did a bang up job.

Back