Engine With NO Road Name!

Brakeman Hal

I just ordered an O-Scale 2-Rail MTH GP-35 Engine from Grand Central Ltd. in Nebraska. It has no road name, just GP-35 and GM.

This was a new locomotive that was introduced by GM in the 1960's and supplied to many railroads across the Country on a trial basis.

MTH didn't have any GP-35's in Western road names, like Santa Fe, UP, or SP, so I ordered this one.

It has a DCC/DCS decoder on board, which should be compatible with my MTH DCS Commander controller.

Brakeman Hal

If it matters to you, the GM GP35s were painted mandarin and white, as they were going to Frisco after their demo trips.

Hey santafewillie:

Yeah, I know...I have one!

But it doesn't have a DCS decoder on board...just a DCC, and nobody has one in a Western road name, only this GM orphan!

I have an MTH DCS Commander controller, which sends only DCS signals to my Loco, which doesn't have a DCS decoder.

Here's my loco, on the layout and on display.

Brakeman Hal
003.JPG
015.JPG

If you repaint it, SP bloody nose is probably the easiest and they do take weathering very well.

Thanks, Toot, but I don't like weathering!

I like all my locos and rolling stock to look shiny and new, with no dust or grime, and I don't like to repaint anything either.

To me, the best appearance of all model railroad equipment is just as it comes outta the box!

Pretty adventurous, ain't I? :)
Hal

Thanks, Toot, but I don't like weathering!

I like all my locos and rolling stock to look shiny and new, with no dust or grime, and I don't like to repaint anything either.

To me, the best appearance of all model railroad equipment is just as it comes outta the box!

Pretty adventurous, ain't I? :)
Hal
If nothing else, it gives you an excuse to include a wash rack at your engine house.

HA HA HA!

What Engine House?

There is no man-made object on my entire layout except the track!

I have no Houses, Buildings, Cars, People, Animals, Bridges, Trestles, Tunnels, Stations, Depots, Railroad Yards, Sidings, Spurs, Switches, NOTHING except raw, desolate Desert Wilderness, just like the kind of land only a few miles outside my neighborhood !

Brakeman Hal, age 82
002 (23).JPG
003.JPG

Last edited:
Never! Because billiards are never played when the train is running and vice versa.

Actually, that photo is deceiving, because there is a large elevation difference between the pool table and the layout table as you can see, enabling the shooter to draw back and angle up for almost any shot, with the cue stick going UNDER the layout table.

See the scale plan; 1 division = 1 foot.

Hal
004 (1).JPG

Last edited:
I think TOOT maybe was referring to the commands used for horses and mules?
GEE - HAW - and WOAH!

Never heard of a Horse referred to as a "GeeGee", Toot.:rolleyes:
Hal
Forgive Toot. He is from Australia, land down under where they drive on the wrong side of the road. I have heard really old timers (they were 80+ YO back in the 1970's) in Texas refer to horses as Gee-horses, kind of like Moo-cows and Hoot owls!

Back