Engine Roster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patched?? Blasphemer!! ;)

Seriously, good looking roster, better start laying more track on those spiffy modules of yours![/QUOTE]

LOL hehe Thanks Rico :D

The modules will start soon, i keep saying that, but i know they will be started soon hehe :D

Smoke you do some beautiful weathering!! I absolutely love that CSX Dash 8-40C!!! I remember seeing some pics of it on another forum a while back, good to see it again!!

BTW , whats going on with the project loco in the last pic you posted? :D

Smoke you do some beautiful weathering!! I absolutely love that CSX Dash 8-40C!!! I remember seeing some pics of it on another forum a while back, good to see it again!!

BTW , whats going on with the project loco in the last pic you posted? :D
My weathering didn't always look good. I "ruined" alot of things before they started looking acceptable. lol

That is going to be an AC6000B if I ever get around to finishing it.:cool:

My weathering didn't always look good. I "ruined" alot of things before they started looking acceptable. lol

That is going to be an AC6000B if I ever get around to finishing it.:cool:

LOL i know what you mean, i feel like im just getting the hang of weathering, i think LOL

AC6000B! thats awesome!! do they have those in the prototype? do you have an AC6000 to lash it up with? :D

Grand Valley SW1200RS

Here is my latest addition to my roster, a Grand Valley SW1200RS. This one was purchased from a friend over at the Gauge, Wayne, and im proud to have this loco and caboose set from him :D Here are a few pictures of this beautiful loco and caboose

SL372451.png

SL372452.png

SL372453.png

SL372454.png

SL372455.png

SL372456.png

SL372464.png

SL372465.png

SL372466.png

Cool NKP-Like scheme on that caboose. Nice detail on the SW1200-RS but I'm a little confused by the trucks. I think all the RS line had Flexicoil trucks and yours looks like it has AAR switcher trucks.

Cool NKP-Like scheme on that caboose. Nice detail on the SW1200-RS but I'm a little confused by the trucks. I think all the RS line had Flexicoil trucks and yours looks like it has AAR switcher trucks.

Thanks!! :D

As for your question, ill have to ask the guy, hes known as DoctorWayne on the gauge, and hes the guy i got it from. He had 4 of these at one time, but he sold them all and i got the last of the 4 :D

Jim, take another look at the trucks. Those are Flexi-Coils. Notice the brake cylinders on both ends, not just the middle. (4th picture)

Jim, take another look at the trucks. Those are Flexi-Coils. Notice the brake cylinders on both ends, not just the middle. (4th picture)

Hi guys, i e-mailed Wayne and forwarded your question to him, here is what he told me and he gave me the permission to post these pictures from his layout for a better look at the trucks on the switchers

Wayne said:
UP2CSX is correct about the RS (which stood for Road Switcher) series - they did have EMD's four-wheel Flexicoil trucks. My models originally had AAR switcher trucks, which I converted to Flexicoils using cast metal sideframes from Juneco. When Athearn finally released the Flexicoil trucks as separately-available items, I re-equipped all four locos with them, as the detail was better than that of the Juneco castings. The can motors were installed at the same times as original Juneco sideframes.
And, yes, the paint scheme on the caboose was partially inspired by that of the Nickel Plate.

The shot with all four locos shows them pulling a
71 car train - they're pretty decent haulers for small
locos. I included the photo of the 53 just to show you what
the original trucks on your loco looked like.

Foe-toes_from_Train_Photos_2007_-5.png

Foe-toes_from_Train_Photos_2007_-4.png

Foe-toes_from_Train_Photos_2007_-3.png

Foe-toes_from_Train_Photos_2007_-2.png

Foe-toes_from_Train_Photos_2007_-1.png

Foe-toes_from_Train_Photos_2007_thi.png

Trent, I can see that Flexicoil trucks now that you pointed them out. My eyes are getting old. :) Thanks for posting those additional pictures, Josh. Wayne did a really nice job kitbashing those locos. I'd be happy to have one of those on my layout.

Pretty cool thread. But I'm curious: do you professional model railroaders have favorite locomotives that are most frequently on your layouts? As for me, I really enjoy my F-7's, but it's still steam that I most often like to see pulling freight on my tracks.

Happy railroading,

Tom

Trent, I can see that Flexicoil trucks now that you pointed them out. My eyes are getting old. :) Thanks for posting those additional pictures, Josh. Wayne did a really nice job kitbashing those locos. I'd be happy to have one of those on my layout.

LOL Jim, no problems, glad Wayne could help us all out on this, heck i even learned something, and it was about my own engine LOL

He did a fantastic job on them all, and i just wish that i could have gotten all 4 of them from him, this one was the last of the 4, he had sold the previously last year and he only kept this one for a little longer, but i guess he finally decided it was time to sell it as well lol

Pretty cool thread. But I'm curious: do you professional model railroaders have favorite locomotives that are most frequently on your layouts? As for me, I really enjoy my F-7's, but it's still steam that I most often like to see pulling freight on my tracks.

Happy railroading,

Tom

hey Tom, thanks :D

I dont consider myself a professional model railroader, but i do have favorites lol. Right now, i would have to say that my favs are my BNSF SD80MAC's and my Grand Valley SW1200RS :D

I guess favorites depend on your era. My era is the 50' through the late 60's so my favorites are GP-7's and 9's, GP-35's, GP 38's, SD-40's, and, of course, F units. I do have one 2-8-0 I run in excursion service since there's no diesel that's quite like a steam engine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back