DCC conversion

AstroKnight187

I have a Bachmann GP40 that is DCC ready, but I’m not sure what will fit in it. Any suggestions? I’m looking primarily for sound decoders, but standard decoders are fine.

I would provide a picture, but I don’t have one at the moment

Edit: It is an 8 pin connection point

Just about any decoder will fit as long as ya get one with a short plug cable. Longer cables will take up more space under the body.
A speaker can be mounted under that body. Typically, mount it up high near the back end. You will prolly have to replace the rear light with a miniature LED to make room for the speaker.

Just about any decoder will fit as long as ya get one with a short plug cable. Longer cables will take up more space under the body.
A speaker can be mounted under that body. Typically, mount it up high near the back end. You will prolly have to replace the rear light with a miniature LED to make room for the speaker.
Thank you.

What type of decoder will fit depends on what kind of light board and dcc port is on the board inside.

Take the shell off, post a GOOD well lighted pic of the light board (one from the top down, one from the side), and you'll get suggestions...

Back