Custom Steel load

Rub

Let me know what ya think. I used this as a reference. http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=193725 I didn't try to copy it exactly. I made my own :)

Iron20.png

Iron21.png

Iron4.png

Iron6.png

Iron7.png

Iron9.png

Iron32.png

Iron16.png

Nice job on the steel load and the car. Certainly not a load you see on everybody's railroad and that is what I like about it.

Excellent job! Interesting load, and the wire rope tie-downs are very well done. Is that picture frame wire of fishing leader line? Or something else altogether?

David

David, I did a bunch of videos. I have to get them uploaded to youtube. I will post them when I get them uploaded.

The short answer is it's bead string.

David, I did a bunch of videos. I have to get them uploaded to youtube. I will post them when I get them uploaded.

The short answer is it's bead string.

Bead String! What a neat idea. I've used that shiny thread that the kids like to use on their fancy jeans; the silver color looks pretty good and accepts paint well. But that bead string really looks like wire rope, more so than the thread.

I suppose that one could find it at Wal-Mart or Michaels?

Nah, you're quality of work is fine. It's just a real specialized car and takes a real railfan to recognize the value.

Back