Coffee Shop XXXIX-9/21/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not feeling good today so I'll probably not be on much. I have a games disk coming by mail today. Some old adventure games. Big Quest, Kid's Adventure, Earthquest and Grungy Towers. I can use these to get more ideas for obstacles to put in Oliver's path.

P1012667.jpg

P1012654.jpg

P1012644.jpg

Good Morning:

Right now, it's 34°, and overcast. The snow has stopped, and the ground is wet, not snow covered. The weather guesser on Ch 11 pointed out that the day's high temperature was right after midnight (50° at Belmar), and that temperature wise, it would be dropping all day. In a little while, we will slip out and brave the busloads of "seniors" at Walmart. We really do need some milk and a few other items:rolleyes:.

Yesterday, we mulched up and carted what seemed like millions of oak leaves to the curb. Overnight, nature donated millions more to replace the first bunch. Did I mention that I hate leaves? That doesn't even factor the curbside piles throughout the neighborhood being rearranged by the wind:mad:.

My youngest son was supposed to be traveling from Okinawa to California this week, but his group has been redirected to the Philippines, for "Humanitarian Relief", after the Typhoon. Nature has a way of altering plans.

Speaking of plans, I didn't get anything done on the layout, so I need to address that today. Maybe?

Have a great day!

Joe

It's 32* here and partly anything. T'was 50* last night around 9pm....then there was 2+ inches snow on my truck this morning at 8am when I brushed it off to go to a routine doctor appointment. Roads were slick I was sliding all over.....eventually I put toyota in 4WD before going up a steep hill......no problem.....then going down the other side of hill......was like whoooa nelly!!!...sliding down sheet of ice totally out of control.....nothing was in the way to hit so all in all that ended up being kind of boring...oh well. :rolleyes: :D

Karl, if you think my DCC issues are aggravating to hear about, you should try owning the hogs!

Huge Thank you to Cjcrescent for stopping by, today, and giving me some much needed advice on the beginnings of my 4' x 18' layout. It's good to have such a knowledgeable person (that's willing to share) so close by. Really looking forward to getting on with it. I hope that you guys are keeping warm and fed! God Bless

Huge Thank you to Cjcrescent for stopping by, today, and giving me some much needed advice on the beginnings of my 4' x 18' layout. It's good to have such a knowledgeable person (that's willing to share) so close by. Really looking forward to getting on with it. I hope that you guys are keeping warm and fed! God Bless
Careyknow his stuff. You are lucky to have somebody like him close by.

Weather here is getting pretty cool for this time of year. It's 41° now and it'll be down to 32° tonight and tomorrow night. No sign of rain until Thursday night.

Nothing done today. I just felt too bad to even think about it. Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN4584.jpg

P1010002-42.jpg

P1010001-65.jpg

So, Karl - when is your first Op Session gonna be?

Speaking of which... I was doing some rehearsal running on Monday evening for my Friday Op Session, and this one train I was running in the steel mill kept stalling. Those mill tracks are really old and have endured a lot of abuse over the years, so I was guessing I would have to avoid letting guest operators run in the mill until I replaced all 100ft of mill track including ~20 turnouts. So tonight I did some DecoderPro loco setups to get my mind off the steel mill issues. When I finished doing this SW9, I decided to test it on the 'problem' track. Ran like a swiss watch! Apparently, the culprit is the wheels on the original switcher - they are so badly scratched up they barely make contact (yes I had already tried cleaning them, no effect). So perhaps I can keep using the existing mill track for another year or two after all..

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Wed 11/13/13

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

COFFEEampPOUR-Copy.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Temperatures will range from 31 to 38 degrees with clear skies. Winds will remain steady around 12 miles per hour from the south. No precipitation is expected.

2mfc7lu.jpg

Good morning. It's 31° with 84% humidity which makes it feel like 25°. The high will be 52°. Freeze warning in effect from 2 AM to 8 AM cst Thursday.
wwwMessenToolscom-Varios-big-090.gif
condsunny-1.jpg

I actually had to turn on the heater out here in the office this morning. It was 78° in the house but only 45° in here. I may get to do some more work on Oliver's train adventure. That is if nothing else gets in the way. No plans set in stone today.

DSCN1453.jpg

P1181735-1.jpg

P1010032-1.jpg

Good morning folks

It was 28 F when I headed out this bright morning. The wind was blowing so it felt even colder. First time we had to deal with wind chill this season. Our high is supposed to be 41 F.

Last night was relatively uneventful. My son had his tennis lesson. My daughter notified a couple of more coaches about her decision. These were a couple of the tough ones as these we coaches she had met in person and had been talking with for a while. She has the three toughest ones left and they are all phone calls. She is planning on doing them one a night. Tonight, however, is out since she has a club try-out in Delaware.

I had to run some maintenance and clean up stuff on the computer last night. Since I had to babysit the computer during the processes I didn’t get much else done.

I hope everybody has a good day.

gseritt... Good to see you in the Diner. Another Alabama modeler! ... As I mentioned to others here, I have family members just south of Birmingham. Our next trip to AL might be for Christmas.

Tom .... Thanks for sharing your daughter's volleyball news. Sounds like she has a lot of wisdom as she makes tough decisions.

Regarding my model railroad. I just built a prototypically correct CB&Q baggage car. Also, I am enjoying operations now that my "west end" loop is completed.

Happy Model Railroading

gseritt... Good to see you in the Diner. Another Alabama modeler! ... As I mentioned to others here, I have family members just south of Birmingham. Our next trip to AL might be for Christmas.

Let us know when you get down this way and maybe we can meet up for a cup of coffee if you have some free time.

Well my father was off from work today so it's been one thing after another. Only chance I've had to get on the Apple computer was to check out the new drive card that came in today. It works good so I left it right where it was, installed in my //e. I put the old one (still works perfect) back in my mothers old IIe. Still looking for a good low-priced keyboard for that one, preferably without having to buy a parts computer to get it. For the most part it's been look up this or that on the net, open this or that jar, do this, do that. Then there was a trip to Wal-Mart for groceries. I went along to get my stuff myself. If I have my father do it he changes my list and gets things HE thinks I should be eating without taking into account problems that I have with certain foods, or if I tell him to get Brand X he comes back with Brand Y because it was a few cents cheaper. Relatives! Gotta love 'em. It's too much trouble to pile drive 'em into the concrete. And with a sick dog in the house it's almost impossible to concentrate on anything. My fathers little poodle has an enlarged heart. No worms. Just a bad heart. She's on meds for it but she's really hacking up a storm. I told my father she sounds like an old Harley Davidson trying to start with bad points. Chug, chug, hack, wheeze, chug, sputter. Constantly! I may get a chance to work on the game program tomorrow IF my father has to work tomorrow. I can't do much with him getting in my hair about this or that. He thinks I should get a job fixing Apple II computers because I'm so good at it. I just look at him and say 'and get new parts from where? Nobody makes them anymore'. The best I can do is get three or four busted ones to make one good one. Can't convince him of that. Victim of my own success I guess. He just sees me dump out a pile of parts and a working computer system seems to magically materialize. It's not that easy.

Well that's my day in a nutshell. Now where's yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back