Coffee Shop Part III

NWR# 200 Seth: you wrote : goede morgen etc....Do you have Dutch relatives or family??:) ( Grandpa/Grandma...)
Just a little "nieuwsgierig"...:rolleyes:

Jos

Yes. My mother's family is Dutch. Last name Vos from up North in Friesland. I'm SLOWLY learning the language. So perhaps in 10 years I'll know how to ask: "Where is the Railway Station?" :D

Best wishes and (hope I am not to early) Congratulations Luc and the "MAMA"
Hope everything is going allright!!!

b2nq7.gif
baby15ib9.gif

Jos

Goede morgen! Is it the 7th already? By George it is. 65 years.

Its 12 degrees F here, guess I'd better bundle up today.

Oh, and congrats Luc :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' Bill! (gives respectful moment of silence!!!!)

Mornin' Luc! Any news this morning?????

Mornin' Seth!

Some partly Cloudy falling every once in a while in the Finger Lakes today. Counld have and inch or two by eveing. No big deal. Got to get over to school to set up mics for the High School Choruses. Concert next Wednesday. They let me come over and play with the 40 channel Soundcraft Board.:D Sometimes I even get to play with the 16x2 Yamaha Digital mixer and some other neat toys. (And they pay me to be there.) What a life! ;) :D

Howdy Ray and Seth,,, nice and WET and WINDY here, just been a tornado which went through London, one man has a serius head wound and others were hit by flying bricks, dustbins and roof tiles. The tornado formed and came straight down in a street, did it's worst then went as fast as it came leaving houses in ruins

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, no news yet... the MDs are saying that they may need to induce her today because of her blood pressure...

The tornado formed and came straight down in a street, did it's worst then went as fast as it came leaving houses in ruins

Saw that on the Weather Channel. They showed one picture of an side of a brick building ripped off. Is it common for tornados in the UK?

No, we don't get them normally but the weather over the last couple of years isn't what i'd call normal. last month there was a tornado which threw some farm buildings and horses across a field, it also dragged a 38 ton semi truck on it's side for 40 yards, the driver was petrified

Hi all, We had our two inches of snow big deal still lots of accidents people forget how to drive in the winter. Luc best wishes . Steve that global warming sure does funny things. Just got back from the Heart doctor have to go in to the Hospital and have a stent put in maybe it will stop the hurting everytime I try to do something physical. well have a real nice evening all !!!!

Guess everyone Stateside is getting the big freeze. I know we are going down into the mid teens tonight and tomorrow night...then mid-50's Saturday. Typical Alabama weather: Don't like it today; stick around and it will change tomorrow:D . You guys in the northern half will have to put another log on the fire.

Luc: Great Granddaddy! Wow! It took me awhile (17years ago) to get adjusted to being called Grandpa...but aint't it great;). My best wishes to all of you.:)

Darn Steve, that is unusual. I remember reading quite some time ago about one over on the main Continent that did a lot of damage. Can't remember where exactly.

Her name is Haley Elaine, she was born at 6:45pm weighing 8lbs 5oz thru a "C" section, mom and baby doing fine...

Gloe and I are now great grand parents. I have pics tomorrow.

Thanks for your support and comments.

Happy MRRing

Hi y'all! Thought you were rid of me? No such luck.
Work has been 10 & 11 hour days, I haven't had time to check the site during lunch as I once did.

Finally got a new computer at home that can connect to the internet. Typing and cranking a hand generator was awfully difficult at the same time. :)

I was skimming through some of the pages and a few things have happened in my absence. I'm glad to see there are a lot of survivors on this forum.

I'll try to keep up with things better after the Holidays. The Wrecking Crew is displaying the layout from Thanksgiving until New Years at McWane Science Center in downtown Birmingham, Alabama again this year. That has been occupying a lot of time getting ready and manning the layout by members on weekends.
In the meantime, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!

Congratulations Luc a wee Baby Girl!! I remember ours arriving like it was yesterday.

Ken.

Hey, Hey, Hey, Luc! Congratulations. Wow, a great grandpa. A whole new generation to spoil..... Well that's what great grandpas are for ya know.:rolleyes: :D

Mikey, good to see you! Wondered where you been.

Good morning All

Congratiolations Luc !
And happy for you that Haley Elaine choses you as great grand pa and-ma!
Isn't it great that she is unique, there is only one Haley Elaine with a great grand Pa called Luc on this Globe!:)
Best wishes also to "mum and dad" !
Hope that her mother recovers soon!!
It is heavy! I ( only) know( never felt) this because our 4 children were born all by C section...( The last one the doc told us that he should ''Lock" the zipp:D

Jos

Back