Coffee Shop 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he's set everybody else's on fire!
laugh.gif

All that was left of some were these tiny charred pieces--:eek::eek:

Busy day here! Flo, I would ask the boss man for a raise...errr...just better settle for job security.

LTF: Thanks for the spa offer, but reading the daily agenda caused me to lose 10 lbs already.:D

Karl: Yeah, it is great having the Blue Angels here in T-town. There will be the Golden Knights precision jump team, plenty of aerobatic stunt type shows, displays, fly-by with a B-52, KC-135 nursing a fighter, and P-51's, etc. They honestly expect over 100,000 people for this. God only knows where they will stand/sit. There will be bus shuttles from different points to help with the traffic, but this is a typical medium sized airport and very limited parking. Maybe they will open some of the old aprons to parking. Guess that I will get the ladder out and climb up on the roof. I won't see the low level stuff, but it should still be plenty of fun things to watch.

Jeffrey: I'm with Andy: I got to laughing so hard about your cookout, I choked on my soda. LOL:D

Mikey: CHOO...CHOO! DING! DING! DING!...CHUFF! Chuff! Chuff! Chuff Did that help?:)

JIM: You might want to rewrite that...BIG women's conference.:D:D
BTW: its about time for you to come back up and us have a good visit and train fun.;)

Rex: You should try LTF's spa treatment. I wish I had that chance. I go out to my aunt's farm once in awhile, always working. At least there is some down time so we can go shoot some guns, and run trains in the basement!

Long day today. Finishing up the night thinking what to do with my HUGE tax return. It should buy me lunch and dinner one day.

Hopefully I get a break soon. I have 2 structures to put together. Allied Rail Rebuilders and Northern Light and Power. NL&P will somehow be a kitbash to try to make it more into an old power plant that is used to grow algae and make algaufuels.

Dan, you are probably right, but my 63 y.o. bones might have a problem getting use to it. My folks had a small farm when I was a boy and I loved it. I miss the country: my wife and I moved to the country in 1982 and just moved back into the city in 2004 (not by choice, but by circumstance)...it was a rude awakening to what all goes on. ;)

Yeah, I am still a youngin. I could use a few years of labor to whip me into shape. And not just in the physical sense. It has been a few years since I was in wrestling. Never knew I could run that much.

I think the best thing I decided to do a couple months ago was to pretty much cut out pop from my diet. I have had... 4 since then. I also don't drink coffee, energy drinks, and sugary drinks. Pure H2O. Good for the body, and more importantly, the wallet. Now I just have to get into the habit of bringing water to class so I don't always have to buy it.

But then how will I be able to flirt with the cute girl who makes the food. She makes a mean sandwich, even though she makes fun of me the whole time.

Evening, everyone.

Jeffrey, that story was hilarious. Maybe they should let you handle all the fire related stuff next time. :)

LTF, my idea of a spa is somewhere in the Caribbean so I don't think I'd be much good in the horse stalls. I'm not bad at planting things though.

Mikey, good to see you again. I hope the illness in the family is resolved. And stay away from sniffing that glue, you know how it makes you. :eek:

Dan, if the girl that makes the sandwiches laughs at you, that's a good sign if you're flirting. If they smack you in the head with a spoon, that's a bad sign. :D

Rex, they're going to have P-51's there too? Dang! My uncle flew them in the war so they are my favorite warbird. I guess you could read that sentence about the Ladies Conference in two different ways. I should have said it will be a large conference attended by many women. Somewhere around 500 and there will be some women there living in troubled situations, hence the need for security. All the mass shootings lately has everyone a little on edge. Boy, I sure wish I hadn't sold my body armor when I retired. :( I do want to make it up there again. Maybe we can arrange a time the week after Easter.

The market did slightly better than I thought, "only' down 254 points. For anyone who thinks we've seen the bottom of this market, I've got some premium Tyco engines I'll sell you. :rolleyes:

Jim: oh I know it is. I have to flirt right back too. I just have to be careful, she is the one cooking my onion rings! Shame its cheaper to go to the grocery store to get food. Less reasons to go to the cafe.

humph. so NO takers for my spa invitation.

its getting warmer, REALLY!! up to almost 0* this morning!!! just a tiny bit of snow, and some frost.

I've lost 35 pounds this winter, and I eat like a...
well...

hahaha....

horse.

jeeez.

todays breakfast is: french toast(3 thick slices of freshly made whole grain bread) gently frying in BUTTER (UNsalted) with brown sugar and cinnamon, fresh off the farm maple syrup, topped with thick cream, and 4 slices of bacon.

then, the first job of the day, after feeding the horses is raking in the sides of the arena completely. then, harrowing it, I'm having it oiled today.

THEN, I get to take the really really long extension ladder, and knock down all the dust that's accumulated all over the walls and windows all winter. can you say fun job? wow.

whos up for painting a whole new set of jumps?

:)

mare hasn't popped yet.

Jeff, your barbeque story was hilarious. love your writing style!! snork.
poor dog.

Morning gang!
Flo, coffee please, and lots of it! I stayed up too late last night working on choo-choos. 5 hours sleep aint enough! :eek: What did ya do with Bill Tidler?? Is he strapped to the sink like Chris was??;)

Rex, How much room on the roof? I'm jealous! Now if I can just get there!:)
Jeff, Oh that was funny. Poor pooch is probably gonna need psychotherapy at some point! We had a Great Pyranees when I was a kid. As a pup he stuck his nose where it didn't belong. In a corner of the garage where my Dad's cat had just given birth to 4 kittens. Needless to say momma cat lit him up like a Christmas tree. Not just 1 hit, many,many severe hits, drawing lots of blood.:eek: Later, after he had fully grown (now a man sized dog) he would still not go within 10-15 feet of her. She wasn't mean toward dogs generally, heck, she slept with my Beagle!
LTF, ya know, if you enclosed that show ring, it would make a nice layout space!:rolleyes:
Jim, BIG womens conference??? Can ya send a ticket for my ex ???? :eek::D:rolleyes:
Gotta make a run to the Deere dealership today. Seems the big tractor threw a generator belt the other day. I know I could get the belt anywhere, but the Service Manager is my cousins husband, and he lets me peek at or Xerox pages in the shop manual as needed. After I get the snowplow cylinder, hood and front sheetmetal off, looks like lots of pipes, tubes and other belts in the way.....oh boy...what fun!

Good morning.

It's 64 and cloudy. The high today should be around 70 and there's a chance of thunder storms.

I got a little layout work done yesterday. nothing spectacular, just moving some trees around. Maybe I'll be able to do more today. I still have a few structures to place. I likely will not be on tomorrow as I'll be watching to see what this 'Conflicker' virus that's got the techs running in little circles will do. Personally I think it's a bunch of April Fool's hogwash. Look at the big scare that was thrown up about that worm a couple of years ago. What happened? It turned out to be a big fat goose egg!

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/31/2009

Wind Chill: 64°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 63°F

So Far Today
High: 64°F
Low: 63°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 12mph NNE

Through 8 AM...isolated light to moderate showers will continue to move southeast through east Texas into southwest and central Louisiana. These showers will generally affect locations fro the northwest of a line from port Beaumont Texas to Alexandria Louisiana. Rainfall amounts will be light...averaging around one tenth of an inch or less.

Today High: 75 Mostly cloudy. A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may produce large hail and damaging winds in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph in the morning becoming northwest in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 48 Partly cloudy. Cooler. Lows in the upper 40s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0005.jpg

Good Morning--frost on the grass and trees/roofs-- only -3C out with a windchill of -10C:eek::rolleyes: Gonna be sunny all day with rain overnight and early tomorrow morning. high s'posed to be 10C today---

Latent train You oil the arena?:eek::eek::) I know what you really mean--it just looks odd when written!:D Painting 'jumps' I sometimes do when cousin phones up crabbing about no time to do the thing:)

Jim I'll wait until later on when the recent news kicks in--can you imagine a kind of "nationalized" auto industry?--yeeesh:eek::eek: I don't think that will go over well --Dow might revisit some lows--even lower--:confused::eek:

Jeff Hopefully someone will cuddle the poor dog:D--the cat probs already depuffed himself--OY:eek::D:D

Have some clients to see as well as a new one to come on board --this will be a bit more busy for me---have a good'un:D:D

LTF
Now envision, if you will, it fully enclosed, climate controlled and concrete floor. Looks like it could contain a real nice layout now doesn't it? :D

Call me crazy, but it beats shoveling meadow muffins anyday!!!:rolleyes:

Afternoon, everyone.

LTF, if I had a breakfast like that, I'd be a ton of lard in about a month. Sounds like you work like a plow horse. :) That's a nice arena but I can see why you need to oil it. Cute picture of the cat and dog. One of our cats like to sit on the back of my chair while I'm at the computer and groom my hair. It's not bad until he gets to my neck. He has a tongue like 20 grit sandpaper! :eek:

Where is Bill Tilder? I hope he's just on vacation. I miss his cheery good mornings and neat pictures.

BOC, sounds like spring still hasn't taken hold up there but at least you're not getting a blizzard. I really feel sorry for the poor folks in Fargo that are fighting a flood and a bilzzard at the same time. :( The market is doing a little end of the quarter window dressing today but the rest of the week should be interesting.

Jeffrey, that Conflicker "virus" is a bunch of hooey. See http://uk.news.yahoo.com/16/20090327/ttc-cool-down-on-conflicker-panic-say-ex-6315470.html for more details.

Kind of weird day here. It's cool, at only 56 degrees, but we've been getting rain and thunderstorms. It's warmer on the coast, with more convection down there, so I assume we will get cut off from the instability soon, but we usually need a little warmer and more humid air than this for thunderstorms. Thursday might be interesting as we get yet another vigorous cold front interacting with what should be much warmer and more humid air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back