Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

Got my laundry done, made the bank deposit and picked up some items I needed from Lowe's. That's my day done.

My mother goes back to the nursing home today. She needs care and physical therapy we can't give her here. Just moving her from room to room is a major chore and usually requires more than one person. Problem is during the day there's no one else and I can't move her on my own. I did that yesterday and today I can hardly move. A family vote was taken yesterday and the vote was that she goes back for as long as the insurance lasts. Even she voted yes. In the meantime something will have to be set up for 24/7 care.

Good morning folks

It was 34 F when I hit the pavement this morning. Our high is supposed to be 45 F.

I am waiting for the check from the insurance company for the damages to the house from Sandy. I am still trying to find a competent contractor to do the repairs.

This weekend will be nuts. We are heading out to the Pittsburg area to visit a college and talk to a volleyball coach. The next day my daughter will be appearing in a college recruiting showcase at California University of Pennsylvania.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Good to hear from you Tom. Best of luck with all your family activities.

Mike

Got my laundry done, made the bank deposit and picked up some items I needed from Lowe's. That's my day done.

My mother goes back to the nursing home today. She needs care and physical therapy we can't give her here. Just moving her from room to room is a major chore and usually requires more than one person. Problem is during the day there's no one else and I can't move her on my own. I did that yesterday and today I can hardly move. A family vote was taken yesterday and the vote was that she goes back for as long as the insurance lasts. Even she voted yes. In the meantime something will have to be set up for 24/7 care.
Remember, your mother is not going away forever, never to return. You and your father can still bring her home on select days to be with y'all. We did this with both of my parents.

Remember, your mother is not going away forever, never to return. You and your father can still bring her home on select days to be with y'all. We did this with both of my parents.
We've done that too. Now it's gotten to the point that she can't stand on her own much less walk. I have severe nerve damage and really bad bone degeneration problems in my right leg, so I have bad problems with walking also. Not to mention I'm a fall risk! You can see where that can be a major problem in helping someone else to walk.

Looking around on the net today and came across what I think is about the craziest thing on rails. The Toonerville Trolley. You have to see one in action to really appreciate it. A great way to get a laugh.

I had some mad money laying around so used some of it to pick up a Digitrax DZ125 decoder on Ebay. $21.99 total. I'll use it to change out the one in one of Bachmann GP7's. That one has a damaged lighting circuit. The light stays on all the time. It won't turn off for anything and comes on the instant power goes to the track no matter what loco is selected. Other than the light problem the decoder works fine, so I'll likely put it in a slug unit that doesn't need a light.

Say Jeffrey,
My heart goes out to you and your brothers and sisters and Dad as I went all through that with my poor Mom and it isn't easy on them or you or your Dad & Sister/s or Brother/s.

Indeed, when the County took my Mom away, under false pretense, it was every bit as much of a burden to make the 82 mile round trip as it would have been if I was caring for her at home.

It's a tough situation to be in but at least she even realizes how strenuous the situation is on you and others so that's a big help!

Take care.

Say Jeffrey,
My heart goes out to you and your brothers and sisters and Dad as I went all through that with my poor Mom and it isn't easy on them or you or your Dad & Sister/s or Brother/s.
No brothers here. Just two sisters and one of those is in Pennsylvania. I'm the middle child of three.

Good Evening!

Well, we had another good day of mainly dull skies...but we did get to see the odd yellow incident....

Today was a pretty quiet day..I actually got some traintime in!! Yay!! Ran a bunch of trains around while cleaning track and doing some switching to get back into some shape or form..

Anywhooooo...have a great day!!

Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Friday, November 30, 2012

Morning_Coffee.png

Dining_car_interior_c_1927.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON

Good Morning

As far as today is concerned...kinda dull with little specks of snow expected....

I have the little Spring between my arms right now so I am typing chicken wing stylee.....today is going to be get groceries and do some more stuff for a couple more doctor appointments next week...sigh...

Say Jeff, did you notice the copyright date on the side?
Yep. 1922. There was an actual comic strip about the Toonervelle Trolley that the model is based on. As far as I know the model is still offered in reproductions. I've seen them in clockwork versions as well as several scales like S, O, G. I don't believe I've ever seen one in HO.

Good morning. It's 51° with 99% humidity and patchy fog. It'll be mostly cloudy with a high of 72°.
condmc-1.jpg

No plans for today other than doing a little cleanup work on the layout. Maybe now I can get further than the preparation stage before my day gets hijacked. That'll be great. I have some cleanup work on the extension (Sundown) and the front of the east side (Knutzville). There's places for the stuff to go, it's just getting it there.

DSCN2702.jpg

I'm guessing rambler. Back in the days before anyone seemed to care about corporate image....they would call their product anything that came to mind. "ok honey we'll call it a rambler.....that's just great!" :p

Mike

Then again.......not wanting to offend anyone........ramblin' may have been more popular back then. :eek:

Mike

Other than doing the first half of the grocery shopping I didn't get much done today. I discovered I still have rather intense pain in my upper back. Guess I must have pulled a muscle when I was shifting my mother around.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN2706-1.jpg

Good Morning

Weather here be all freezing fog...temperature right now is sitting at dew point...26F...supposed to get to 44F later on...in the dull ...

Today will be kind of slow...as is expected on weekends around here...so the little Spring is taking advantage of my arms and is all snuggled up between them now...lol.:):)

Back