Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Saturday, November 10, 2012

Morning_Coffee.png

Marine-Corps-Birthday-2012-sz-5401.jpg

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

Happy birthday USMC!

Can't sleep. I've got a 101.7 fever kicking me around, every time I close my eyes the room starts spinning an I still have some bleeding from my ankle though it's not bad. It will be if I start walking around on it. To top everything off my father called at 1:57 (and that's AM!) telling me I need to go down and keep an eye on my mother in the morning! Can you imaging that? If I hadn't had the computer on I wouldn't have even known he called until I started it around 5 or 7 am. I told him I wasn't going anywhere for the next couple of days at least and why. My mother has a weak immune system and I'm sick with God knows what and going down there would rip my ankle open again. She doesn't need this crap! I'm not going within 500 feet of her. I told him he'll have to get somebody else. The only reason I'm leaving my trailer is if it's on fire or I'm carried out. Feet first!

Good Morning!!

A wonderfully dull, foggy, misty, mostly yucky day for our viewing pleasure.

Got a few days of staying off'n the feet here...so the ankle may get a chance of getting a bit less swole up...

Jeff: :eek::eek: uummmm..do not need something like that happening!! Take care!!!

Hi all! We have a beautiful day @ 70degF. I've been busy watching the planes coming in to the airport for the football game with Texas A&M. I went to the Flightware.com site and saw them on radar lining up for approach and tracked them in. Along with listening to approach control and the tower on scanner, I also had visual as I am only ~1/4mi east of the approach. Lots of fun. If you haven't gone to this site, I would recommend it for a little fun. You can put in you airports code (KTCL, Tuscaloosa) and see the planes on radar, what kind of planes, who owns them, photos of planes, etc. OR you can go to all parts of the country and do the same.

Well, time to settle in on my living rooms 50 yard line for Bama's game at 2:30cst. Hope all have a very good weekend :).

ROLL TIDE!

Good afternoon. It's 76° with clouds. Looks like we have rain moving in tonight.
pcloudy-1.jpg

Internet service has been down most of the day. It just came back on within the last thirty minutes. Nothing going on here today.

DSCN0431.jpg

I went to the Flightware.com site and saw them on radar lining up for approach and tracked them in. Along with listening to approach control and the tower on scanner, I also had visual as I am only ~1/4mi east of the approach. Lots of fun. If you haven't gone to this site, I would recommend it for a little fun. You can put in you airports code (KTCL, Tuscaloosa) and see the planes on radar, what kind of planes, who owns them, photos of planes, etc. OR you can go to all parts of the country and do the same.
I went to that site, and all it seems to be is a website for cash registers.

It's flightaware.com, seems to work here in Aus as well, but you have to enter airline name and flight #.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jeff, how's that ankle doing - any improvement?

Rex - I think I know the software your talking about? Flight Tracker - I use it every time somebody in my family has to fly somewhere, especially when I need to pick them up from the airport. It tells me if the flight is on schedule or running late. Very handy tool!:cool:

Good Evening

Everything kind of turned around here...nice dull, rainy, foggy day here..did get a bit warmer though...we are now warmer than we were this morning here...

Today was a bit of a noner day for us..as in got next to nothing done here as it was our day to get groceries and other gotta do's done...this on a bad ankle...sure got a lot of 'staying off'n the feet done' today... Guess I will be paying for it tomorrow though....

Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Sunday, November 11, 2012-TODAY IS VETERANS DAY.

Morning_Coffee.png

USFLAG.png

HONORING ALL WHO SERVED!
:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

Happy Veterans Day

Good morning. It's clear and 39. So much for the ouija board users guessing the low temp, it was only supposed to get down to 50...
Yesterday, I went to my LHS (3 hour one way trip), and picked up a sound decoder for my Genesis FP45. After getting it home and installing it, I discovered it was mislabeled, and has a 710 sound file instead of a 645. 90% of any visitors wouldn't be able to tell the difference, and it does sound pretty good. Better than a comparable QSI. The bad news is, I hooked up the 1.5 volt light bulbs according to the instructions, and blew every bulb on the locomotive. I sent an email to MRC, to see how they want to handle the issue. Since they are right down the road from Atlas, it may be a while before I hear back from them.

Good Remembrance Day Morning.

We are going to see whether I can get some half decent shots of a group of Harvard Trainers that are supposed to fly over the ceremonies downtown later on...hopefully they will turn out...

Sunny and high near 66F today...

Have a good day!!

Thanks to all who have served to keep us free. As it says at the top of every page on my own forum "Freedom Isn't Free". That is the absolute truth.

Good morning. It's 67° with 87% humidity. It'll be mostly cloudy with thunderstorms likely. Expecting a high of 78°.
cond70.jpg

Looks like it's going to be wet on this Veteran's Day. To those here who have served and to veterans everywhere, as one veteran to another, thanks.

No layout plans for today with the exception of some cleaning up. That seems to be a never-ending battle.

The ankle has healed enough that the bleeding has stopped for now. I need to stay off it as much as possible for a couple more days.

DSCN0279.jpg

Good morning folks.

After having a high of 72 yesterday, the temps have plummeted to the 30's and it's snowing. Crazy fall weather in the upper Midwest.

I finally added the Woodland Scenics water effects to my river this morning. I'm concerned the water will look too turbulent but it's better than looking like a pond. At least I'm getting to play with trains a little today. It's been too long.

I purchased a 2010 Ford Edge yesterday. The 04 Explorer we had was starting to rust and the repairs were starting to add up. This vehicle was owned by the people that own the Ford dealership so it's pretty pimped out. Twenty inch chrome rims, black heated leather seats, automatic start, panoramic sun roof and other bells and whistles. It has under 30,000 miles and was priced $3000 under blue book. I couldn't pass this one up! The only problem is it's for my wife so I'm stuck driving my 03 Pontiac Grand Prix. Oh well, my car still looks and drives like new so I should have a few more years before I add an additional car payment!:D

I have fresh bread baking in the oven and am cooking a ham this afternoon so the house should smell good all day.

Have a good day everyone.

Raining here. I had to go down to my parents place to help with my mother. She fell out of bed. Only her pride is hurt and I'm sure she can get over that. She's been moved to the couch in the great Room for now. My sister and niece are working on her bed to make it more friendly for her. It's really too high.

Heavy lifting is something I'm NOT supposed to be doing so it didn't do me much good. Now that I'm back home I need to check my foot again to make sure I didn't do any damage to then change the dressing. Hopefully the rest of the day will be uneventful.

Back