Christmas Trees, Trains and More

Finally got back and got some video. Only 2 months late. It's got a squeek that needs some grease.
Fantastic! The scale Polar Express looks and sounds magnificent! I love all the Christmas cars too.

I was especially happy to see the Wood-Sided Reefer, Partridge Farms #36170. It was my first Lionel Christmas car and it is Santa's Choice, 😁
1708856291915.png

Thank you for sharing the video!

I miss Christmas.

I was working in my attic/train room/playpen today. I found a few boxes I had not opened, had not inventoried, and had completely forgotten about. One of them belongs in this thread!

Lionel's North Pole Central #1224 LionChief GP38

1714248319023.png

An affordable way to expand any O-Gauge diesel collection, these rugged GP38 engines are available for the first time individually. Equipped with the LionChief system, these locomotives can be ran by included remote, the Lionel Universal Remote (sold separately) or via the free LionChief App on your hand held smart device.
  • Electric locomotive controlled by included LionChief remote, LionChief Universal Remote (sold separately) or Bluetooth LionChief app
  • RailSounds RC sound system with diesel revving and background sounds, horn, bell, and user-activated announcements
  • On/Off switch for sound
  • Operating directional headlights
  • Dual powerful maintenance-free motors
  • Metal frame and handrails
  • Operating couplers at both ends
  • Illuminated interior
  • Traction tires

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS

• Rail Line: North Pole Central
  • Gauge: O Gauge
  • Power: Electric
  • Engine Type: Diesel
  • Min Curve: O31
  • Dimensions: Length: 14 1/2"

I miss Christmas.

I was working in my attic/train room/playpen today. I found a few boxes I had not opened, had not inventoried, and had completely forgotten about. One of them belongs in this thread!

Lionel's North Pole Central #1224 LionChief GP38

View attachment 186630
An affordable way to expand any O-Gauge diesel collection, these rugged GP38 engines are available for the first time individually. Equipped with the LionChief system, these locomotives can be ran by included remote, the Lionel Universal Remote (sold separately) or via the free LionChief App on your hand held smart device.
  • Electric locomotive controlled by included LionChief remote, LionChief Universal Remote (sold separately) or Bluetooth LionChief app
  • RailSounds RC sound system with diesel revving and background sounds, horn, bell, and user-activated announcements
  • On/Off switch for sound
  • Operating directional headlights
  • Dual powerful maintenance-free motors
  • Metal frame and handrails
  • Operating couplers at both ends
  • Illuminated interior
  • Traction tires

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
  • Rail Line: North Pole Central
  • Gauge: O Gauge
  • Power: Electric
  • Engine Type: Diesel
  • Min Curve: O31
  • Dimensions: Length: 14 1/2"
Can't believe you forgot about this Locomotive, wonder what else you've found.

I added another locomotive to my Christmas fleet. Lionel's North Pole Central LionChief EMD FT

1714508801967.png

Amazon made me (and thousands of others) an offer I couldn’t refuse. I could have but I didn’t. Amazon’s dynamic pricing can be crazy good! I had been watching both for four days. Yesterday the prices dropped again. I didn't have the nerve to watch and see if they would drop again, their inventory was dwindling.

I also picked up the latest version of the Lionel Universal Remote. I gave myself a one-time special exemption from my self-imposed ban on buying trains. The prices were too good to pass up, with free shipping! I saved about $129.

1714541994104.png

Back