Christmas card

WVrailfan

Been working on a scene that may end up being a Christmas card. The house was kitbashed from the scrap box, and the cars are all Classic Metal Works. The background is a winter photo I took a few years ago. I used Paint Shop Pro to edit the image and add the smoke and Christmas lights.

2010kSM.jpg

As I imagine the events of the day, it is early evening Christmas Eve, 1955. The house is full of company, Mom has a big ham in the oven, the kids are out playing in the snow as Beau the mutt watches from the porch. But, the play comes to a screeching halt when dad arrives with this year's Christmas tree. The kids fall all over themselves to get in the truck and help unload the tree.

Hope everyone here is having a great Holiday Season.

Jim

Very nice! One can almost feel the crisp cold outside and the promise of the comfortable warmth inside by the glow through the windows.

Happy Holidays to you.

Hey very nicely done!
If you put the christmas tree on the roof of the woody to the right you could model Clark Griswold! :)

I actually tried it with the tree on the woody, but I would have had to cut the side of the tree to make it lay right in the roof. The truck gives it more of a country feel.
Thanks for all the kind words.

Jim

Been working on a scene that may end up being a Christmas card. The house was kitbashed from the scrap box, and the cars are all Classic Metal Works. The background is a winter photo I took a few years ago. I used Paint Shop Pro to edit the image and add the smoke and Christmas lights.

2010kSM.jpg

As I imagine the events of the day, it is early evening Christmas Eve, 1955. The house is full of company, Mom has a big ham in the oven, the kids are out playing in the snow as Beau the mutt watches from the porch. But, the play comes to a screeching halt when dad arrives with this year's Christmas tree. The kids fall all over themselves to get in the truck and help unload the tree.

Jim

Very nice!

Jim

I'll bet ya Dad's got a train set to put under that tree too! :D

I'll bet ya Dad's got a train set to put under that tree too!
T scale. :D

Good work zoe and WT. I especially like the light through the venetian blinds, looks great. :)

T scale. :D

Good work zoe and WT. I especially like the light through the venetian blinds, looks great. :)

It was a bit tedious making those blinds out of styrene strips. The building is actually based on a prototype from Atlantic Canada.
Cheers.

Zoe, what did you use for snow. It looks great, I like the little lines on the roof where the snow is devided between the rows of shingles. You dont see a detail like that very often. Most people just pile a blanket of snow across the roof. Plus the tracks from the vehicles in the snow. I love small details like those.

Zoe, what did you use for snow. It looks great, I like the little lines on the roof where the snow is devided between the rows of shingles. You dont see a detail like that very often. Most people just pile a blanket of snow across the roof. Plus the tracks from the vehicles in the snow. I love small details like those.

Hi, that post is not mine, it is WVrailfan's.
It is a great scene.

Back