Chosing the right track

toytrainman

I am building a new layout and have a substantial investment in Lionel Fastrack. BUT ... I like the fact that Gargraves makes a three rail O guage track that looks more realistic. I would appreciate the advice of experienced modelers as to whether I should stick with the Fastrack or move to Gargraves.

How about showing some Patience?There may not be any O gaugers on the forums right now.Speaking of forums there is a large scale forum down the page why not post your question in there?

Patience

Thank you for the advice. I am not familiar with the processes on this forum and, so far I haven't been able to even find the posting you referenced.
This is a simple question, though, and I was hoping for some kind of help so I could get started with my layout.

It isn't a post...it's a forum. Go back out to the main index page, where you found the title for this forum, and look further down the list of bold headings. You'll find HO, N, and O gauges. I advise you to post your question in the O gauge forum where people familiar with your topic are much more likely to see it.

Good luck.

I will answer your question the best I can.

If the Gargraves track is still made the way it was the last time I worked with it, I think that it's definitely better. Real wood ties, stained black. Can be flexed into curves, but would recommend using a "template" like a 55gal barrel to get smooth curves.

Back