Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

CN and Alien, That's tough luck. Remember this layout is on casters and can be moved with a finger.

Toot, Funny you of all people should dismiss 'clouds,' being amongst them regularly. Good on your wife! Jim :eek:

I think I was with Sherrel somewhat, for quite a while, wondering whether you'd made a mistake and posted the same pic twice.

Well, if it hadn't been for CN2117, I would have missed the guy sitting on the bench being gone (Thank, by the way). My eyes kept gravitating to the middle of the road for some reason, but nothing ever changed there.

Well, if it hadn't been for CN2117, I would have missed the guy sitting on the bench being gone (Thank, by the way). My eyes kept gravitating to the middle of the road for some reason, but nothing ever changed there.
I didn't notice the missing man until I enlarged to 400% and scanned up the left side.

You know i kept Looking at those clouds and swore something was different jut wasn't able to place it. i keep thinking the lady by the well head had turn her back a little more. That was a good contest, Congrats KB02.

Well that's over with. KB02's trees will be mailed today or tomorrow. I lost count, but I think I got about 120 in the big box. So, I guess that about $500 worth. Good for him. I hope he posts a picture here of them on his layout.

What is next, some of you are probably asking? While no room sized layouts will be forthcoming I may have an idea up my sleeve for something on my 4x6 table top. Something nearer to a combination of Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks. Very few structures, sort of a desert tower fantasy thing.

Also, I have yet to do a segment on plaster castings for rocks. The info is everywhere, but not here. Finally, I've been thinking of doing a photo diorama. 30"x10". Maybe a prize in the next contest?

I have a BIG Announcement to make to all of you. I hinted at it late in 2014, but now I can tell you what it is. See Post 3716 on the following page.
So, I'm not giving up the game. Just slowing down a bit. Thanks again for all the kind words and support you've shown this thread. Glad I could help out. Jim:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like a celebrity today. I picked up the March issue of Railroad Model Craftsman and low and behold on page 33 is HO's layout. It looks like its the same photo from the other direction. Maybe some day I can do this kind of work.

I didn't notice the missing man until I enlarged to 400% and scanned up the left side.

To be honest, I opened both pictures in Irfanview, and enlarged them about 400%, and toggled back and forth while viewing them on a 17" monitor, looking for whatever caught my eye as different, moving to different areas of the picture...just missed the clouds. At least my wife didn't notice them, so I don't have to live that one down, LOL.

Sorry Jim I was using the HO from HOExplorer....I guess in hind sight that may sound funny. In my mind it read "H" "O"...Anyways congrats on the magazine photo...

Now I get it. Well, the cat's out of the bag then.

I'm happy to announce that the 2016 On30 Annual will feature my PCM&T Co. Southern Division in their publication this year. I should start hitting the stores by the end of the month. There are only two layouts featured I think. Plenty of stuff to fill 116 pages. Only the best of the best get in this Annual so I'm very happy about it. The other layout is a professional job with at least three builders. I'm wondering how my solo effort will stack up? http://on30annual.com/current-issue/ Hopefully this link will work. Jim:)

Jim I am so sorry if I ruined a surprise for you. My wife has complained about my big mouth for years. Congratulations on the article...

Wonder if it will be available here. What's the annual's parent magazine called? Can't make out the small writing under the On30. Mags take about 3 weeks or so to appear on news stands where I am.

toot...there're toll free number is (877) 787-2467...it's by White River Productions and located in Bucklin, Missouri. Email: whiteriverproductions.com

Back