Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

CONTEST RULES: Contest for two types of N scale trees, you win one type, HO/) scale trees, or a Bachmann 2-8-0 with DCC/Sound, commences at approximately 1200 PST today. You will have two photos to compare. Photo #1 is the basic look. IN PHOTO #2 YOU ARE TO FIND THE DIFFERENCES. DON'T GET MIXED UP AND COMPARE PHOTO #1 TO PHOTO #2 IN YOUR ANSWERS. You cannot win that way. Contest prizes will be awarded to the FIRST correct answer. Contest will run until 1200 PST Tuesday.

Hints: Try and be as clear and concise about your answers. Also, there are at least 5 correct answers and no more than 8 correct answers. Good luck.

How to not win this Contest: Not checking many, many, times before posting your guess. Remember, everything you post is a hint to your competitors.
Not reading the rules. No leeway for excuses.

Please refrain from commenting during the Contest. ONLY ANSWERS PLEASE.

500,000 Views Contest

Lighting and camera position are not relevant to this contest. Simply find the differences in Photo #2.

Picture #1

Half%20Million%20Contest%201_zpsnlfo3sb7.jpg

Picture #2

Half%20Million%20Contest%202_zps6wlg8r9y.jpg

Best of luck. Jim:D

Okay looks like you're having some trouble with this. Here is a hint: Only one change occurs to the right of the crow in the Dead Tree. Jim:p

I'm just going to take a shot:

1. Ladder moved at store by green car
2. Shovel moved at coal bin by flat car
3. Person missing from bench by flat car
4. Driver missing from coal truck
5. Door closed on coal truck

Holy crap! 23 hours late and I still have a shot?!?!? Tough one, for sure, Jim!

Okay, here is my stab at it:
1 - The ladder leaning against the building by the green car has been shifted to the right.
2 - The driver's door on the coal truck has been shut.
3 - The coal bin shovel that was on the edge of the platform has been moved closer to the other shovel.
4 - The guy sitting on the bench/porch whose legs can be seen in the first photo has gotten up and walked away from the second shot.
5 - The clouds on the backdrop have moved to the left (far too much to be accounted for by camera angle).

What do think? Am I close?

KB02, Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner with 12 minutes left to play. Congratulations. KB02

So, you may choose ONE item. Tall N scale trees, or shorter trees for N or Z, or $400 worth of my HO or O conifers, or one HO loco DCC/sound. Let me know. Jim:eek:

WOO HOO!!!

I'll send you a Private message with my choice.

Wicked tough contest and an amazing scene, for sure!

Since time is almost up....here's my shot:

1) Ladder rung missing by store
2) Door closed on coal truck
3) Person missing from bench next to flat car
4) Shovel moved at coal bin
5) Yellow plant with red bloom next to stump has changed

By the way Mr Explorer this is my third post and my millionth time to look at your thread....awesome, awesome, awesome. And encouraging!!!!

Thanks Allen, The clouds probably got most of the contestants. I personally thought that was a good touch. I also liked the missing leg and foot of the man by the flat car. I thought that would have been the hardest 'find.' Thanks to you all for playing and KB02 chose the HO trees. They would have been my first choice as well. Thanks to all the players. Jim:D

It's all my pleasure HO...I actually looked at the clouds and noticed the change but did put it off on camera angle because I had no idea your backdrop could move. Thats another thing i will have to consider for my layout. My benchwork is in and I will begin the foam sub-board. So I have a long way to go. Just got back in to N scale after a 20yr layoff for life to happen and you are definitely making it better.

That was awesome. I wondered about the clouds, but chalked that up to my monitor.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

I dismissed the clouds as well, forgetting that this layout didn't actually have any backdrops (to my chagrin, my wife did pick it up and say there was something about the clouds. How will I ever live that down, the shame, oh, the shame:() Congratulations to KB02 for an eagle eye.

Back