Bridge Project update 4

NYC_George

This is my progress on the twin Walther's 15" bridges replacing the old upper deck benchwork. I still have to do a stream etc. and replace the new benchwork face board which will dip down at stream level. After that I think I'm going to move and replace the lower deck lift gate with some type of woodin trestle gate. The lower gate only connects a few yards so I'm in no rush.

George

Very nice George, that's gonna look great with trains passing thru it!
Love that cab green also, gives a railroad feel to everything.

I'm glad I started the project Rico. It adds a lot to the layout. Its cost me about $100.00 but was well worth it. I'm going to have a tougher time with the lower bridge. George

I'm glad I started the project Rico. It adds a lot to the layout. Its cost me about $100.00 but was well worth it. I'm going to have a tougher time with the lower bridge. George

I'm sure you already had a plan in mind for the lower bridge, but if you are feeling ambitious, try a double decker bridge, with the top one. This has been done with many road bridges (see picture), so why not try it with a rr bridge?

Just a thought.

I'm trying to do a lower level lift gate if possible Airport. The photo below is the gate I want to replace. I don't think the bridge you suggested will work. I may have to go with a lift out rather than a lift gate. If anyone has an idea for a lift gate type looking bridge let me know. This location is where I enter the layout so it has to be something that moves for easy entree. George

I'm trying to do a lower level lift gate if possible Airport. The photo below is the gate I want to replace. I don't think the bridge you suggested will work. I may have to go with a lift out rather than a lift gate. If anyone has an idea for a lift gate type looking bridge let me know. This location is where I enter the layout so it has to be something that moves for easy entree. George

Good luck! search youtube, there are a couple of good videos out there. :)

More progress on the double bridge project. Now I just have to paint the stream bed and banks near the piers. George

Some more progress on my bridge project. I havn't decided on the water color yet so there's no polyurethane finish. George

The lift bridge is a nice project Josh but my second bridge project is going to be on the lower level. I don't think I could duck under it. Thanks Kevin. George

Back