Best (cheapest) place for Athearn Preorders

High Speed Kurt

Gone Railin!
Yo yo yo,

Where's the best place to preorder some athearn stuff? The new SD70M-2 in NS looks very nice, I need one to compliment my fleet.

Thanks,

Kurt

Cheapest Ive found of late is BlueRidge Hobbies in Greenville,SC.
www.blueridgehobbies.com. Great website, but brick and mortar store has wierd hours. Frank, the owner, will go out of your way to get what you want.

Brad

Where's the best place to preorder some athearn stuff? The new SD70M-2 in NS looks very nice, I need one to compliment my fleet.
Kurt, I've often found that the cheapest place will vary depending on the exact item. My advice would be to shop around to find the cheapest place. Don't forget about shipping costs. Many times the cheapest per item places have higher shipping and handling costs.

I seldom pre-order and wait for the item to come out and go on sale, but when I do pre-order it usually ends up being from Caboose Hobbies in Denver, Dallas Model Works in Plano Texas, or occasionally from Train World in NYC. As I advised, I usually shop around for 2-3 weeks before I pre-order something to make certain it get it at cheapest over all cost.

Back