Accurail #9295 OPEN AUTORACK - help!

rustam

All greetings! Help me please. Guys who collected this kit?

I have bought this complete set for assemblage.
There is for me not a clear.
What color it should be? Yellow color - whose accessory?
Or how I have found in the photo Internet it is possible to make, for example BN?

Here in the US, all autoracks are enclosed now. Too much vandalism by hoodlums to run open carriers these days.

As a kid, I remember seeing open autoracks of different colors loaded with cars in the rail yards near St. Louis, Missouri. So I think just about any "normal" railroad color would be OK.

BN is fairly new as far as a railroad, although BN's parents are old school, so I doubt if BN ever had open autoracks.

Looking here, http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/rsPicture.aspx?road=BN&cid=13 I see no open BN autoracks.

This link, http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/rsRRList.aspx?id=13 should show some pics of open autoracks, and who used them.

Show pics when you are finished building the model!

Rotor

It is a nice kit and worth putting together.

WHen assembling it, use a square to make sure the posts are perfect; they tend to have a bit of play in the pockets where you would glue them.

Here is the one I put together. They are hard to find so you may have lucked out in getting the one you did.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I can't find a picture of a BN open autorack right now, it is conceivable that they had them though. They would have inherited some from the parent roads and would have painted them, and then later renovated them to be partially enclosed.

Greetings Guys!
Thanks for answers and references to sites from a photo!
I have spent much time and looked and searched for a photo of such platform for car transportation.
I will show to you interesting to a photo. I have found them in the Internet.
And if this kit to collect simply yellow color? Likely isn't present... It is necessary to paint under the company?! And certainly process of assemblage and painting is interesting to me.
If I paint under the company translation pictures of the name of the companies will be necessary to me... And they need to be found.....

p.s. Excuse for my English ;-)

Hi! :)

I thought so - the platform, the carrier will wait! Will be waiting when I teach American hands assemble prefabricated kits! )))
This BN is my first car assembly - "made in usa".
Several motions and it on the shelf! My son helped me.

rustam: The kit you got is simply marked "Data" - it's a generic kit. The flatcar is decorated for Trailer Train (who owned a lot of the flatcars that the racks were mounted on - the flatcar and rack are technically separate. The cars were often owned by TT, and the rack owned by the railroad.)

Your kit is essentially a step above "undecorated". The flatcar is decorated, but un-numbered, but the rack is undecorated, allowing you to paint and letter it yourself.

Basically, you've got an undecorated kit, but with partial decoration on the flatcar to help you get started.

Accurail did this a lot, offering "data only" kits that have all the required dimensional and capacity information but no numbers, reporting marks or any other identifying logos, allowing you to letter the cars for your own railroad by adding initials, numbers and logos but not worrying about making all the little tiny lettering.

rustam: The kit you got is simply marked "Data" - it's a generic kit............

Hi!

Big THANK YOU!!! I understand - you need to put company logos! Just a yellow platform is half the battle;-)
Just doing what you love the way the wishes of the company!
Just yellow, it can not be.

Thanks for the link! Very large site a lot of photos!

That's it! I take the day off and look at pictures! Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!! :)

To paint the upper rack part, you can use this:

Floquil Burlington Northern Green

t225_d8dacd9fb4986374c0068298183a7962.jpg

For Burlington Northern decals, you can use this:

Microscale 87-251 (BN Freight Car White Lettering)

87251.jpg

Southwest Chief / Matt!
Big Thank's!!!
You caught my thoughts! I've always wanted to know all about this green Color of BN.
Now I am fully charged! ;-)

p.s. I look at old caboose BN from Bachmann. I think he will come to face the new paint :)))

Southwest Chief / Matt!
Big Thank's!!!
You caught my thoughts! I've always wanted to know all about this green Color of BN.
Now I am fully charged! ;-)

p.s. I look at old caboose BN from Bachmann. I think he will come to face the new paint :)))

I look at it and think ... Caboose when we give the guy major repairs?

p.s. to be honest - I big love modelt from Bachmann! they are very strong!

I can not tell you - I no work out! I train with the other models ... platform waiting for!
The platform of the manufacturer ACCURAIL not as simple as freight cars ...
Show you my approach, I train over other models of ACCURAIL and Bowser* ;-)

*also very interesting for me!

I want to set 1 more question-? I collect a whale bowser a hopper.
Prompt please what hitches better to put and how? It are pleasant to me kadee.
What number under the catalog will rise is better?

All my cars get Kadee, mostly #5's but my "show cars" get the scale head couplers.
Rustam if you look on the site Zoegraf posted you'll find a guide to coupler uses, very helpful!

Your welcome.

Here are some shots of my Accurails all with Kadees.

Cheers

zoegraf! Good photo (only small ...) and really good model! Thanks!

All my cars get Kadee, mostly #5's but my "show cars" get the scale head couplers.
Rustam if you look on the site Zoegraf posted you'll find a guide to coupler uses, very helpful!

Rico! I looked on the website instuktsii kadee. Very helpful! Thank you!

Guys! Another question for you: - what then is better to put a pair of wheels? I want to put out of Metal.
Or is it better to leave the factory plastic?

I have some Accurail. Good model, but I want to work with them ;-)

zoegraf! Good photo (only small ...) and really good model! Thanks!

Rico! I looked on the website instuktsii kadee. Very helpful! Thank you!

Guys! Another question for you: - what then is better to put a pair of wheels? I want to put out of Metal.
Or is it better to leave the factory plastic?

I have some Accurail. Good model, but I want to work with them ;-)

Metal wheels are better.

Scale head couplers are nice for show/display; I find they don't function as well as the regular Kadees.

Sorry about the small images.

Back