A Visit to the Toy Museum in Simonstown,Cape Town,South Africa

Jannie

I've just came back from a lovely day out.....on our road trip we visited The Toy Museum in Simonstown,Cape Town,South Africa......I'll be posting more pics over this coming week,,,,,,,so come 'visit' again ;)

;)

& a Bachmann UP SD40-2 I've put my name on......for $30 NIB it's a bargain ;)

More to come....keep watching this space

A couple more pics.....what's really nice about the museum is that there is alot of collectibles for sale aswell.....for a price ;)

Wow quite the collection of cars, is there much for HO?
Would love to see more pics of the layout... looks great.

The Layout size is about 6meters x 2meters.I.ll be posting better pics next week as I'm going there this weekend again..wanna go get myself that SD40-2..Love the place ( yesterday was only my 4th time in 16years...seeing that it's almost 2hr drive from me )

All trains on display are HO,as too is the layout......

Capetown show.

Jannie.
I thought I had posted a reply but it didn't show up. Must have pressed the wrong button.
The first picture that you posted looks like a Bayer Garrett, is my assumption correct?
When you revisit the show, would ask "where does one get hold of one of those babies" I would love to get my hands on one.
Mac

It's indeed a Bayer Garrett.....in SAR ( South African Railroads ) road name ( very collectible ) so too is the diesel & electric locos behind it.I too would like to get my hands on 1 of those,but that 1 unfortunately is NOT FOR SALE.

The owners wife told me that the insurance guys where there not to long ago & the contents of the museum is insured in excess of R3 million ( about $500000 )
I will ask the owner if he's willing to part with the Garrett,but it will be expensive,you never know if you don't ask ;)

Jannie - The Museum looks like a very cool place. I want to go!
Says the little kid in me from 10,000 mile away.

I would've visited the place more over the years,but a trip there & back costs me almost an entire tank of gas.....I do love the place....you spend hours & hours there & everytime I re-visit the place I see stuff I havn't before....seeing that the owner goes to all the swop meets there is over here...selling & buying...more to come soon

.....& Yes! I couldn't stay away ( even if it is more than an hour's drive from me.....I did bring back my new UP SD40-2 )......but this is part of the view you get while driving to Simonstown....also the only place in the world where the railroad tracks goes this close (lenght wise) to the sea.......will post the better quality pics soon....alot of pics of the museum layout...just got home from the trip.....check back soon

As I promised...better quality pics....If you ever visit South Africa,be sure to visit 'The Warrior' toy museum in Simonstown ( Cape Town )

& more....even my BNIB ( well it was ) Bachmann EMD UP SD40-2 on the museum's layout...it did 1 lap ;)

Back