A new Switcher for Fuerst Matthes

Rico

BN Modeller
I thought I'd put up a few pics of the new Fuerst Matthes Papermill loco, a factory DCC equipped Bachman 70 tonner.
A friend of mine did up the decals today, (thanx Pete!) so I rushed home and got to work decorating the engine, trucks, trailers, loaders, signage, etc.
The decals are done in two colors, black with a green tree, and white with a white tree (for dark backgrounds).
Really brings the mill to life, even tho it's far from being finished.
I have a couple larger decals saved for a custom 0 scale boxcar I plan to do as a tribute to my late business partner Matt Matthes, who was a
die hard 0 scaler along with another good friend, Dennis Fuerst.

Nice decals and great scene. Good to remember old friends like that. I've got that same 70 tonner, lettered for my Prattville and Northern. I's one of my favorite locomotives.

Yep, it's a hi-cube. You can tell by looking at the third picture. The white stripe at the top of the car indicates how high it is above normal Plate C standards. OTOH, almost any freight car except a flat makes the 70 tonner look dinky. :)

Yep, it's a hi-cube. You can tell by looking at the third picture. The white stripe at the top of the car indicates how high it is above normal Plate C standards. OTOH, almost any freight car except a flat makes the 70 tonner look dinky. :)
Imagine if that were an 89' Autorack, or, heck, an Auto-Max car is even bigger!

Back