1/87th Vehicles

Jerome you're getting to be a very influential modeler! :D
Karl great job on the mixers! Wasn't Ben Dover Phil's business partner?

Jerome
You made me do it!. You've been posting all these neat A&P trucks, and I admit, I've been jealous!:eek: I've finally broken down, and have succumbed to a modern truck to show the future of one of my roads largest customer, the Phil McCracken Concrete Company (Where 1207 will serve as plant switcher).
Yes, the Mack trucks were supposed to suit the time era better (1980's) but the slick lil International trucks are hard to resist!:D
See whatcha done!!:D;):rolleyes::eek::cool:

its ok they are just futureizing there company!! LOL!!!

Added a Fleet Servicing truck this week.

001-49.jpg

002-25.jpg

Josh, here and there. Can't tell you on most of it. I always go thru the detail parts bins at the LHS looking for stuff. Some id DW though.

I got this on Ebay for $6.00. It's not a great kit, but it's what I was looking for. It will be part of a diorama that I'm planning. It's HO scale.

100_0841-vi.jpg

100_1040-vi.jpg

IMHO, stay away

For 6$ that's not bad considering what others cost.
And speaking of Ebay, check this fellow's page:
http://stores.ebay.com/THE-RAIL-CON...d=64034650&_sop=1&_trksid=p4634.c0.m309&_vc=1

He's got a fair amount of resin vehicles at pretty resonable prices. I'm looking into a few myself.

I have bought from him in the past. It seems most of his item are copies of out of production models, and, therefore, very poor quality, as he is using models as his masters. Or at least that is what it looks like. At least one I bought was just thrown away. Buyer beware.

I have bought from him in the past. It seems most of his item are copies of out of production models, and, therefore, very poor quality, as he is using models as his masters. Or at least that is what it looks like. At least one I bought was just thrown away. Buyer beware.

a separate issue - book reviews and suggestions

Welder, generator

Herpa #52412 has some traffic cones. Post some pictures and dimension of what you are looking for on the generator and welder, as I am sure I can print them at shapeway.com. This is a pictures of some winches and hooks I did. That is the edge of a penny behind the hooks.
6894307316_9a4eabfdc3_m.jpg

A few recent acquisitions of 1/87 scale cars

My layout is currently dismantled but I'm still adding 1/87 scale cars to my collection. Here are a few recent additions.
From NEO, there are two 57 Chrysler Imperials, a 49 Cadillac, and a 68 Ford pickup (I found these on my doorstep when I got home from work today).
The NEO models are expensive at $35 each, but the detail is incredible. The Imperials are my favorite.
From Brekina are several mid 60's Dodge A-100 vans, a couple 68 Corvettes, a few 71 Camaros, and 59 Chevy El Caminos.
I ordered all of these from Truckstop Models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a few more. My layout is dismantled. This school is a lift out section that I removed to allow easier access to some of the trackwork.
Here are a few from Classic Metalworks including a yellow 1950 DeSoto, a maroon 1950 Dodge, a 40's Chevy pickup, a well as a Ford Country Squire woody wagon, Ford Country Sedan wagon, and Ford Courier sedan delivery. Next are a couple 71 Hemi Cuda convertibles by Ricko including one in Plum Crazy purple and one in Sassy Grass green. Then theres a few from the 30's including a Ricko Cadillac Aerodynamic Coupe, a couple of Ricko Lincoln Model K Pheatons, and a couple Chrysler Airflows from Masterpiece. The last photo shows the Ricko Cudas with a few other favorite Ricko models including a couple 63 Lincoln convertibles, a couple 1932 Ford hot rods, and a Mercedes 190 SL.
The 1950 DeSoto by Classic Metalworks, just came out about a week ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a few more pics of the NEO Imperial, Cadillac, and Ford pickup. I'm sorry my camera doesn't take clearer pictures up close.

Attachments

• neo 57 imperial.JPG
    neo 57 imperial.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 214
Nice Jim, looks like the makings of a "show n shine"!
Where'd you pick up that Ford pickup?

Thanks. The Ford pickup, the Imperials and the Cadillac are made by NEO and are nicely detailed, including alot of photo-etched trim. In the U.S., Truckstop Models carries the NEO 1/87 scale vehicles. NEO is better known for their larger 1/43 scale vehicles, but they seem to be rapidly expanding their 1/87 scale line. The Ford pickups have been made in blue, white, and red. All are limited production, so when any NEO models are available that you want, you need to get your order in, or they will be gone.

http://truckstopmodels.com/catalog/...d=126&osCsid=9cb6fab6f31b389a923f7e56db47dd9f

Heres a link to some NEO cars that appear to be planned for future release in 1/87 scale. Looks like most of the American cars they have planned for in 1/87 scale are 70's cars like a 74 Buick LaSabre, 76 Chrysler Town and Country wagon, 72 and 76 Cadillac Coupe DeVilles. But, of more interest to me are a couple of 60's American cars on the list including a 69 Buick Riviera and 68 Charger RT. The Charger RT will be a "must have" on my HO layout.

http://minicar87.com/shopsearchnis....uheiten_2&asc=1&language=uk&start=501&dif=100

Back