1/87th Vehicles

Thanks all!
Josh,
Be my guest! It is a terrific turnout once you are done. Ive made 3 already and to be honest, they are expensive to make. The Matchbox truck was $7.50 on ebay NIP( I cant find them any where else) and we all know the price of Boley trucks, plus shipping. but, I'm paid to build most of them, so not a bad deal.

It's time to start hitting swap meets for the .25 cent boxes and stock up on these and Matchbox Peterbilt cabs. i havnt tried them yet, but it just might work.:D

Would you mind showing a picture from the bottom. I am wondering how you bridged the two sections together.
Well, these came in the mail today. They became victims of a quick MOW transformation/kitbash for my fathers Conrail crew. I added decals, a hand painted balsa wood rear traffic advisory board, hand painted the details, and I ordered a fresh new box of these handy Herpa stropes that last quite a while. Big $ too. But they are perfect for any MOW or DOT vehicle!
IMAG_1822.png

IMAG_1823.png

IMAG_1824.png

IMAG_1825.png

Sure. Here, The transitions are not perfect, but no one sees the bottom anyway. Here the 3 trucks, and then how they look joined.
IMAG_1842.png

IMAG_1845.png

Basically overlapping the Boley frame into the Matchbox frame, but the metal wheel keeper strip/spring in the Matchbox has to be trimmed.

Well guess I'm looking for the hard stuff again. I'm looking forvthe Eculid style mine haul trucks. Not the modern hinged type the 4 wheel haul trucks. I'm going to be adding a quarry/crusher loading area to my layout soon and would like them for that area. The pics are of a couple of N scales that I found but I haven't had any luck with HO,1/87th. I would prefer the Euclid style (yellow) but either will do.
Thanks for any help.

Would something like this do??

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Kibri-14058-...0501876?pt=Spielzeugautos&hash=item20c2ffddf4

Yes I saw the Kirbi kits but no one has them in stock that I could find. I've changed direction and ordered a a couple of the Volvo articulating type trucks. They should be here in a few days.
Thanks

Jerome, That's a Great looking truck. How much do you think you have tied up in it(money wise)? If you started selling these, what would the price be?
I've got a lot of Matchbox & Hotwheels trucks that could be converted w/Boley Cabs :D

Larry, it's got parts from 3 different Boley truck into it.

1. crane truck for the rear box

2. crew cab truck

3. Tree trimmer truck for the long frame.

Jerome post up a pic of all your custom trucks, like a group photo.

Its kinda useless for me to take another blurry photo of 30+ MOW and DOT trucks

Back