Search results

1. Lateral-G

Wsm c-16

Just finished remotoring/painting/weathering a WSM C-16. Here's a few pics and videos..... Tsunami decoder and MRC speaker in the tender.... Falbhauer motor from Locodoc installed along with SoundTraxx plug Fresh from paint with Microscale decals.... Some weathering/dust...
  2. Lateral-G

Newest car added to my roster

Just finished painting a Tichy Train Group ore car. Tamiya paints and Microscale decals. I used the kit trucks cut down to fit Microtrains wheels/axles. I used some plastic tubing to make a correct size journal to fit the axle tips. Kadee 714 couplers were frame mounted. -G-
  3. Lateral-G

generic DCC question

Can most DCC installed decoders allow the loco to run on a DC only layout? I realize you won't have all the fancy functions but will the basic throttle work to allow the loco to run?
  4. Lateral-G

My HOn3 layout pictures

For anyone interested here's some pics of my layout and its progress over the past 3 years.... http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j8/jbrundt/train%20layout/ HOn3, ME code 55 track, Fast Tracks turnouts. 3/4 ply sub road bed with California Roadbed homasote on top. It's still a long way...
  5. Lateral-G

Bashed bridge for the layout

Here's a few pics of my third bridge for my layout. I bashed a ME tall stell viaduct and an Atlas deck truss. Bridge ties are from Black Bear Construction Co. Span is 230 scale feet (31"). -G-
  6. Lateral-G

Scenery started on my HOn3 layout

Lots of plaster cloth, hydrocal, foam board and plaster of paris so far and this is just 1/4 of the layout.... -G-
  7. Lateral-G

New Train Room

Well, after about a 5 year hiatus I'm getting back into model railroading. My previous N-scale layout was a shelf one of about 25' x 6' filling up an entire wall of the basement in my old house. Unfortunately a divorce required me to sell the house and the layout was not portable. I had to...
  8. Lateral-G

Narrow gauge rail?

I'm going to be laying rail soon on a new narrow gauge layout and was wondering which is preferable: code 70 or code 55 rail? I plan on using ME flextrack for the majority of the layout. I'm personally leaning towards code 55. Any thoughts? -G-

Back