Search results

1. justn2trains

My HO "L-Shaped Switching Layout" (96"x92"(16" Shelf Width))...

Of course but maybe when I retire I could do that, for now....I am working 50+ weeks and just getting trains running is more important to me.
  2. justn2trains

Another shot of the new bridge section. On the left side of the picture will be future removeable bridge, for when I get sick of ducking under. Preliminary track planning. I made sure to brace the section that sticks out that connects to the bridge section.
  3. justn2trains

While I had the bridge out, I put up a 24" tall back drop. I have vertical supports every 20" or so. View of the new section in front of the closet, it's about 10" wide.
  4. justn2trains

I also picked up a new Semi for my grain elevator....I not sure it would be used for grain but more for wood chips...oh well. :) Trucks N Stuff HO SPT3046 Peterbilt 389 Sleeper with Walking Floor Trailer, Joe Olson
  5. justn2trains

The Dremel makes for a super quick and clean cut. I just used some self tapping screws to mount the UP5. I also got a UT4 in the mail as well.
  6. justn2trains

Got two UP5's in the mail today...pretty excited...lol. I don't have the facia on this piece of bench work yet but wanted to get it up and running. The hole needed is 1.5"H x2.5"W. I used a Dremel MM20-03 to cut out the pocket, worked out really well.
  7. justn2trains

Thanks man! Not sure on the fasteners I used on the facia...I will post later. As for the curved turnout....I 100% agree with you buuuuut I can't find a curved turnout that will work for me. I can only find one with a 17" inner radius and another with a inner 30" radius....too extreme for me...
  8. justn2trains

I also picked up BNSF yard tractor(Athearn) and a FJ40(forget what brand).
  9. justn2trains

Picked up an new Athearn covered hopper and TTX boxcar.
  10. justn2trains

Quick view on how I braced the radius. View of my my wiring, I put a ziptie around the blue connector...I just didn't have one installed in this picture. I nail in some hangers to keeping the wiring up and tight. I will be adjusting the yard section a bit...I will make the right track...
  11. justn2trains

The height of the facia is 5.2, it gets a little thinner when it hits the bridge.
  12. justn2trains

I got some facia up and some track weathered. I know, I used a few screws...lol. On the bridge, the facia sits a little higher....incase of people bumping the bridge and causing a derailment or etc.
  13. justn2trains

Thanks! Yeah, I been meaning to hit Home Depot....I have seen some plexiglass there that I could rip down to 3" strips....just been busy with the holidays. :)
  14. justn2trains

Started on the ramp for the gravel road to the grain elevator....doesn't have to be too fancy....it will just get ballest on top of it later(just needs a sanding and maybe another coat of joint compound). :)
  15. justn2trains

Got the gravel parking lot at bit done in the scrap yard. This will be a small mechanic shop.
  16. justn2trains

Got started on the road, and did some testing on the scenery. I wanted to do something different for the access road to the Grain Elevator. Thoughts on the colored rock for the dirt road? Look ok? Here is what I used for the dirt road, on the side of the road I just used dirt from the back...

Back