Search results

1. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

I made a deal with him and he fulfilled it so I'm happy. Thanks for that link. I might even get some education from there
  2. Waggs

Whiskey Hill RR

I foudn a guy on Ebay that has a couple of really nice trestles. Here's a curved one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/N-Scale-CURVED-TIMBER-TRESTLE-24inch-LONG-WOOD-KIT-/330885861236?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item4d0a558f74 Look up the seller: advanced_rail_systems He has a lot of N Scale stuff at...
  3. Waggs

Atlas turn outs

These are great little switches. ON - OFF - ON momentary and only $1.95 each. I've seen the same thing from hobby shops going for around $6.95 Take your pick. https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_75951_-1
  4. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

Beats me. I just showed up with what I paid for and received. I also told the guy who I bought them from that they were not "N" Scale trains but a Reader's Digest collectable and he's offered to refund my money. Who knows, one day they may be collector items.
  5. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

I guess I'll go back to my original idea and just park it for looks. The cars trucks have the couplers attached and they are fixed in a straight position so they wouldn't operate either without doing a lot of cutting and reworking. That set of now becomes an expensive decoration. That's ok...
  6. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

WOW I think you are dead on. Thanks. Now looking at the couplers, do you think I can replace those with the magnetic ones? It does have a strange looking coupler.
  7. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

It's a Plymouth Locomotive? See that's another issue, I need to ID nost everything I have.
  8. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

I've been told that it's a Reader's Digest toy but, it does fit on track. I guess I'll add a spur and park it there just for looks.
  9. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

And the last photo I couldn't upload so here it is of the little switch engine.
  10. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

Hi All, I just bought some stuff off Ebay and need to know a few things about 2 engines. The first one is a dummy locomotive and I would like to find the matching powered locomotive. The second is a switch engine and I'd like to know what magnetic couplers I need to get. One is completely...
  11. Waggs

TRICKED OUT TRAINS on Travel Channel

That is so cool. Unfortunately I saw the listing about 55 minutes too late. I'll look forward to it next week-end.
  12. Waggs

Building Re-Purposing

Thanks Rlundy90, You are very helpful and I do appreciate that very much. I appreciate all the help I get from anyone who is willing to share their knowledge without wanting to make you feel like I should just shut up and read. Thanks again.
  13. Waggs

Building Re-Purposing

Thanks for all your comments and offers of help. I thought it looked pretty good myself when you consider what I started with. I figured out the photo thumbnail thing and it's showing right. I guess it was just me. Thanks again.
  14. Waggs

Whiskey Hill RR

Wish we had skinny cat tails around here. Oh well if we did I couldn't get out to get them anyway. Very nice layout. I'm just starting my first.
  15. Waggs

Building Re-Purposing

Well, I sort of took your advice and did cut that area off but, since I could sleep anyway, I sat here and started messing with the part I cut off and tinkering with it and cutting that part apart and came up with a pretty good fix if I do say so myself. What do you think? With some paint and...
  16. Waggs

Building Re-Purposing

Due to my wife's and mine health issues, I don't get out of the house much so I do most of my shopping online. These issues have gotten so bad that I'm tearing down a 100 gallon salt water aquarium and selling it. It is too much to maintain so I figured I'd get my N scale train stuff out and...
  17. Waggs

Building Re-Purposing

Thanks Rlundy90, I was thinking the same thing too, just didn't know how it would look. One other thing, that door on the back (3rd photo) is missing and need to find something to make a door out of, where do people get building materials like for a door, and corrugated steel?
  18. Waggs

Building Re-Purposing

Hi all, I need some help and advice. I few days ago I bought some buildings from a seller on Ebay. I received them in the mail on Thursday. Of all the 89 or nine I got there was one that really needed help. 3 of them were still in kit form and 4 of them were built ok but I plan on...
  19. Waggs

Do you need a turntable and roundhouse?

I found it and that is cool and it looks like they still have part of a 2 bay roundhouse there but mostly storage tracks. :)
  20. Waggs

Build now Convert to DCC Later

I'm fine with running one train at a time.

Back