Search results

1. Gac66610

Multiple Staging Areas & access to them (perhaps via a 'sub helix')

that's true, it may never be or have an issue specially with the new 'smart meters' looking forward to seeing your progress
  2. Gac66610

Multiple Staging Areas & access to them (perhaps via a 'sub helix')

Looks like its coming along nicely, how much elevation change will there be? On another note, being an electrical contractor, I have concerns about the clearance in front of your electric meter.
  3. Gac66610

And so it begins, again

Been slowly finding/making time to lay some track almost looking forward to more maintenance, all that means I have trains running tried the soldering 2 pieces of track to help get around curves better, and I liked it liked it so much I thought if 2 are good 3 would be better, ok lesson learned...
  4. Gac66610

Arduino ideas, and help

This looks like an awesome way to control a lot of a layout if not all. Going to see about ordering my own starter set defiantly following
  5. Gac66610

And so it begins, again

Santa Fe, I have a Kansas City Southern, and the camo in the back bought that as a train set from my local hobby house. These are DCC, can hardly wait to run them. Don't think they have any sound though I'm up in Topeka
  6. Gac66610

And so it begins, again

It has already changed from what I have drawn, just going by what I think would look good. I live in Kansas and have traveled I70 through the Flint Hills, I really like the rolling hills so I'm just trying to emulate the drive through them. There wont be much elevation change, obviously its HO...
  7. Gac66610

And so it begins, again

Ken, Mike, Thanks.... about 95% of the mess is my stuff o_O Do a little move a little. I have joints in the middle of some turns wasn't too sure what to do to keep a good "flow" on the track. Looked up sp,e older posts and saw someone say they have soldered 2 pieces of 3ft track together before...
  8. Gac66610

And so it begins, again

Been working on this for some time now, don't have much spare time for it. The bench was done about 2 years ago and have just started laying track. I know I know, its a mess! I'm not really new to this forum, I just couldn't remember the password for my other account.
  9. Gac66610

forclose motherload

I was wondering what happened to all my stuff, thanks for finding it for meeeee:) Note to self: change Kansas to Florida
  10. Gac66610

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Bob, good choice on the 'sticky', I have been through this thread several times, catch something new everytime! When I first found this thread it was about 80 some pages deep, started looking at the photos posted and got lost in them. Went through pages of photos, then I saw one photo that...
  11. Gac66610

plugs

Hard to say what type of cord caps they are without seeing the configuration of prongs.
  12. Gac66610

Proper Yard modeling

Then there are some (me) that are not sure how much yard is needed. I'm looking forward to learning more, so I will be following this thread:)
  13. Gac66610

rocks in water

Well, it's poured and has 12 hr setup, waiting another day before removing dams. Had a couple of issues(leaks) but I'm pleased with the results:) After the issues were discovered, I decided to move it to a less damageable area, even with two carrying it, still had some 'sloshing' Learned quit...
  14. Gac66610

SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Mixy, your blog on bridges got me thinking about other uses. Just depends on how well you want your SCRAM track layout to look in 3D. Was thinking about the roadbed between tracks, right now we can only do solid colors, didn't know if there was a way to make a ballast look even between the...
  15. Gac66610

cruzin ebay & i noticed ....

i'm probably wrong, so correct me, but isn't Marklin HO 3 rail? runs on low volt, AC?:confused:
  16. Gac66610

Crazy idea what do you think

Hi Jim, I have kind of kept an eye on your progress, specially when i read you were going through a wall. In your last photo in post 42 your track appears to be about 3-4 inches from wall corner, but in post 49 the track seems closer, am I seeing that right, or is it just the angle? The only...
  17. Gac66610

A yard

Yeah,in other words I get bored ... lol I cleaned out my photo album yesterday, I see I deleted the wrong ones :rolleyes: The only objective I really have is waiting for the room ;) I'm not into 'operations' ... yet, Right now all I'm looking at is a runaround track with a minimum 2...
  18. Gac66610

A yard

I definitely have no need for a yard that size, guess I just like drawing different plans/ideas. Specially since I cannot build anything ... yet.:D The plan I am considering, is a simple run around track with two main lines. The area I have to work with is an L shape approx 12' X 26' with an...
  19. Gac66610

A yard

Thank you all for the responses. They are what I needed! I have no idea about the switch towers, their area needed. So I just put some in.:rolleyes: In my defense, I never said I was going to use this. Joed, sorry I did imply that I had the layout ... well I don't. sry:o I just have the...
  20. Gac66610

A yard

Searched around and found something about 'ten commandments for yards' something like that. Using it and a small diagram with it, this is what I came up with. Looks busy, looking for opinions Overall length of area is approx. 223" and approx. 52" wide I don't have this layout(bench...

Back