Search results

1. N

Upgrading Wheels, Trucks, and Couplers.

I am semi new to the hobby and was looking into doing a few things to my existing rolling stock, I want to change all the wheels to steel wheels as I have a few cars that ride really good on them, but can't seem to figure out the sizes, is there a chart as what goes onto what? Also same thing...
  2. N

Painting rock faces?

I am getting ready to paint my rock faces with a color to make them look more realistic (for my amateur skills) does anyone have a good way to do this to give good contrast, I obviously need a good base coat (currently dark brown, light brown 2 layered) I just can't think of what would match...
  3. N

My first 4X8 layout Mountains and tunnel, and town

This project is coming along at a slow and steady pace, I started off with 1X4 12" on center and then framed out and put adjustable legs, put down 3/4" plywood and then glue down 2" blue backed styrofoam board, and carved mountains out of white 2" styrofoam board. Put down a nice dirt colored...
  4. N

Best model kit for the price?

I'm new to the hobby and trying to do a nice layout on the lower budget (don't want to pay $30+ a building ) I'm pretty crafty with paint and glue what are the most affordable buildings, and where is the best place online to uy model railroad stuff? Thanks for the help.
  5. N

Rough running Bachman

I picked up a train set off of Craigslist this week (1985 Santa Fe powerhouse set) the engine that came with it runs but very slow start and rough grinding noise. Almost smells like burnt electrical. I am not sure how or if it is worth fixing. Also the light burned out on it. Any thoughts on...
  6. N

Greetings from Virginia

I'm new to the hobby, I started a 4X8 custom layout last year (and then abandoned it for a year) and now I'm getting back into it, I really enjoy making customer scenery and messing with lighting and the like. I run HO scale and don't know much about how things go together, I'm 28 and married...

Back