Search results

1. Yourchoicebub

Installing Roundhouse, Turntable, and Industry

Update: it's been a while since I've posted...my new table has come along way....I've spent most of my time working on a huge trestle bridge (May have been in over my head after taking the path I headed down). I got the coal mine finished and some scenery done. Sent from my iPhone...
  2. Yourchoicebub

Round House or no round house?

I model in HO scale, The transfer table is more modern as I have mine connected to a diesel repair facility. I also have a roundhouse and turntable but I use it for my steam era engines. It's up to you really but I would recommend the transfer table/pit for modern engines. I also have a...
  3. Yourchoicebub

This one was the new river mining company from walthers....I have a smaller mine (black Bart mine shaft) it is tiny but a fun kit to build Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Yourchoicebub

I just finished a coal mine but trying to add an elevated track trestle has been difficult....unfortunately I did not have a track plan as I started with a basic 4x8 and expanded freelance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Yourchoicebub

Well It's been a couple weeks and I haven't really done too much just some scenery and finished the ballasting. My single lane access road to the gravel company turned out decent but I'm not happy with the color (any critiques?) I used joint wallboard compound with acrylic then painted again...
  6. Yourchoicebub

New layout

I simply use acrylics from Walmart...there's always a selection and you can always find the same brand/color as you continue to add more to your layout. I mix burnt umber and some type of tan and it doesn't have to blend perfect because you get to top it with scenery Sent from my iPhone...
  7. Yourchoicebub

Circuitron Arc Welder?

Blue and yellow bulbs flickr but it's just so dim ( maybe I will try using a couple LEDs instead) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Yourchoicebub

Circuitron Arc Welder?

Hello, does any one have any experience with the Circuitron AW-2 arc Welder circuit board? I believe I wired everything correctly but the lights are much dimmer than I imagined. Should the lights be super bright? They are barely even noticeable, did I fry the board while soldering??? (Hope I...
  9. Yourchoicebub

Update: I've finished laying my track and programming the stops of my turntable. I've laid the road base and did a little touch up. Next comes ballast and scenery with lots of gravel for the gravel company. I'm considering adding a coaling tower near the entrance/ exit mainline. Anyone have any...
  10. Yourchoicebub

Thanks! Any feedback is appreciated...I still consider myself a newbie Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Yourchoicebub

It's been a while since I've posted to the forum (about a year) but one fun filled deployment to Afghanistan and a few months back to HO Scale modeling I've finally built enough stuff to bring it all together on the new edition to my tables. I've been planning a large turntable and...
  12. Yourchoicebub

HO Garage Layout Video

Thanks everyone. This is my first layout, started out with a 4x8 and became addicted. I don't have a track plan as I started with a simple oval and sort of added on as I went and continued to add additional tables. I have moved all over the country (PCS moves) with these tables having to...
  13. Yourchoicebub

HO Garage Layout Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGkwZ6_dRVc Video update of my ho scale garage layout. Was running about 4 engines for the video not all same era but still neat. New army genset locomotive is running too. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGkwZ6_dRVc
  14. Yourchoicebub

tale of a wrecked big boy[rant]

BLI did a good job with repairing my N&W Y6b 2-8-8-2. It had a fall from the table to concrete and shattered! It took about a month after sending it in, repairs, and return shipping but it was worth the repair cost. I always keep the original packaging just for shipping and moving.
  15. Yourchoicebub

Ho scale beachfront

Kind of hard to see will add a picture later I have a road that leads to the beach I'm planning to add a wharf the main line is up above the cliff.
  16. Yourchoicebub

Ho scale beachfront

Was able to upload photos to my albums now too woohoo
  17. Yourchoicebub

Ho scale beachfront

Picture 2 Here's another shot.
  18. Yourchoicebub

Ho scale beachfront

Pics are working! For some reason I couldn't upload pics but its working now probably user error
  19. Yourchoicebub

Ho scale beachfront

Just finished my beachfront still trying to figure out how to add pictures.
  20. Yourchoicebub

Combining 2 favorite hobbies

I do this exact thing, the 1/72 planes are close enough you can't tell. Looking for a helicopter in this scale

Back