Search results

1. Bat24SS

Running my trains at the Belmont Shore Model Railroad Club

I recently joined the Belmont Shore Model Railroad Club in San Pedro, CA. I've been visiting this club since the late 80's. I don't have room for a layout so, I figured why not join this club. The people are great and the have a wonderful layout. There was a huge layout tour in the SoCal...
  2. Bat24SS

Finally Running my Train!

Here's a video of my train. No garden yet, so the dinning room has to do. This thing is also going around the tree at Christmas. Can any one find the cat? My Reading Lines first run.
  3. Bat24SS

Power to the Tracks Question

Thanks OCN Guy, I found out that the 5400 won't be enough for my SD-45. It draws to much. So I picked up a MRC Train Power 6200 on eBay. Things are working great. I'll be posting a new thread with a video. As far as batteries go... That's my plan when I get a garden. I want aluminum...
  4. Bat24SS

What's in your Signature?

I've noticed some people have signatures with their postings. Some are just words. Others have pictures or logos. I'd like to know what's behind your signature. Here's where I got the idea for mine...
  5. Bat24SS

"THE TRAIN" is on QVTV tonight at 10PM

It's also on Netflix. I streamed the movie last week and it was good.
  6. Bat24SS

Power to the Tracks Question

I have an 8' brass circle track. I want to power the engine through the tracks. I need a power pack. Will the AristoCraft 5400 Power Pack be fine? It's just for running and Christmas time around the tree.
  7. Bat24SS

My Very First G Scale!

Here's my 3rd G Scale ever. They keep coming.
  8. Bat24SS

My Very First G Scale!

Well, brass yes, I'm crying. But in the future, when I get a back yard, I think I'll go with Aristocraft's aluminum track. Much cheeper in price.
  9. Bat24SS

My Very First G Scale!

Hah! I'm starting to think that. I got my N Scale display case up and filled. Now I'm learning and watching on eBay for G Scale stuff. I love it.
  10. Bat24SS

My Very First G Scale!

Here's my 2nd G Scale. Got this one on eBay. Also in the picture is an N Scale.
  11. Bat24SS

My Very First G Scale!

Yah and in Reading paint too. Can't find this thing any where. I've seen some other SD45s on eBay going around $250-300. But no Readings.
  12. Bat24SS

Miniature Wonderland MRR and Model Airport

That's awesome. Great, now I have to plan a trip out there.
  13. Bat24SS

My Very First G Scale!

One of these days, YES. But these are the only scales for me. Well, for now at least. I wasn't into G Scale until a few weeks ago. :D
  14. Bat24SS

My Very First G Scale!

Ok, new guy here, but only new to G Scale. If you didn't read my post in the "Show and Events" section, I'll give you a quick run down. I saw this beautiful engine at The Train Expo, knowing they go for $300 easy. I love Reading Lines and knew this was a hard to find engine. The guy sold it...
  15. Bat24SS

Poll: Do you use decals?

Not yet, but I want to do custom ones. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about them first. I have an ink jet printer, but it sounds like I might be happier with a color laser printer. I'd like to make stuff for N, HO, and G Scale. Of course G being the fun and easiest I think. I'll have...
  16. Bat24SS

What color for that Souther Pacific "grey-ish green-ish" color?

How funny. I think I did the same thing myself 15+ years ago. I bought 2 power units and one dummy, same HO scale Athearn Southern Pacific GP-35s. I think the power units were $35 each. I bought one plow for the front engine and it was a silver color. I just glued it on. Now I remember the...
  17. Bat24SS

Airports And Airplanes!

To bad there not N Scale. It would be fun to pull off a modern airport. Big prodject.
  18. Bat24SS

High Speed rail is dead...

Almost had me. Then I saw the other traffic in the video, trying to exit the highway. LOL! Good one.
  19. Bat24SS

Did anybody see Unstoppable yet?

Saw the movie yesterday and I loved it. Yah, there were some little things that made me go "Oh yah, it's just a movie". It was predictable, but the rest was good. The one thing that really bugged me, after 777 slammed into the horse trailer, they had the driver's left side ditch light out...
  20. Bat24SS

Unstoppable

Can't wait to check it out this Tuesday.

Back