Search results

1. G

Lionel SOO SD60

Does anyone have and words on the realism and detailing on Lionel's new SOO SD60, or any other road name/number Lionel SD60? Also, can anyone provide pictures for me if they have one? I'm thinking of getting one. Thanks Charlie gvtfan
  2. G

Signal Wiring Question

Here I go... I have two loops of Atlas O track on my layout, and I want to add some position light signals. I want to add a signal bridge to start, and I want to do so prototypically with the lights showing the correct position. Come to think of it, I'll be installing two sets of signals as I...
  3. G

Gp40

I want to custom-paint a GP40, based on the BPRR 3101 and 3103 prototypes. Both GP40s started out as PC, working up through Conrail, Rochester and Southern, until they got where they are now. What I need are 2 DCC Equipped R&S, PC, or Conrail GP40s that I could strip and repaint. Charlie
  4. G

Firehouse

Does anyone know if there is a O Scale firehouse (kit or plastic, doesn't matter) available? Charlie
  5. G

TMCC from Conventional MTH SOO SD60M

http://www.mth-railking.com/detail.asp?item=20-2044-0 I love how these SOO units look, but Lionel doesn't make one, and I use TMCC on my layout. My question is this: is it possible to install TMCC into this unit, and possibly sound? I don't care about sound too much though...just TMCC. Also...
  6. G

Module Wiring question and duckunder question

I am planning an around-the bedroom DCC shelf module layout, and I am wondering how track is connected between modules without making too much noise in the gap, and how I can keep a continuous circuit going between the cracks. As for the duckunder, I want to build my layout around the wall...
  7. G

Lione Accessories w/ TMCC

I use TMCC on my double track 8*10 layout, and I want to in the future have a good number of accessories (signals, crossings, lit buildings, Atlas switches, etc.) I have a few questions about it 1-What are the advantages of wiring everything into your TMCC system? 2-What equipment do I...
  8. G

Help with my HO Locomotive "Most Wanted List"

Does anyone know if any of the locomotives I am listing below are currently being made in HO Scale? DCC is preferred Can anyone provide links? ICE/DME SD40-2/SD40-3 CP Pacman SD40-2 Rochester and Southern GP40 Buffalo and Pittsburgh GP40-2 Union Pacific SD50 SOO SD60M NS SD70M-2 NS...
  9. G

O Scale GP9 Detail Parts

I have an old Lionel GP9 missing handrails. Would my best bet be buying the parts from a dealer, or are there handrail detail parts available?
  10. G

HO Scale Module Layout

I have a room in my house that is 12x14 feet in dimensions, and has a small closet that is raised from floor level. I would like to build a modular layout around the room, but I am not sure what method to use. I don't want to use mod-u-rail, as it is so expensive. I am looking for a...
  11. G

Atlas O Trainman GP15-1

Looking at it as a future purchase, but I'm afraid it won't be detailed enough! Anyone have any words of wisdom, or have this engine?
  12. G

CAB-1 repair

My CAB-1 remote control has some electrical issues. Would it be better to get a new one or send the old in for repair? (think cheaper)
  13. G

mod-u-rail

I would like to build a HO scale mod-u-rail layout around my bedroom. I choose mod-u-rail because it looks cost-effective and easy. Can anyone vouch for either of these statements, or testify your experiences with the system?
  14. G

Lionel TMCC/Conventional Engine Operation Troubles

Today I finished wiring my TMCC system into my one loop of track on my 8 by 8 table. Everything seems to be in working order. I have two conventional engines, one of which is at the shop, the other which hasn't ran in about 2 years. With the Power Master, I followed the instructions to make my...
  15. G

Liquid Mask

I want to airbrush my O scale GP9 for a custom paint job. I would like to use liquid mask for the windows, so I don't get paint on them. What kind of liquid mask do you guys use? How does it come off once it is applied? I have only heard of this product in books, and I've never seen it in...
  16. G

What kind of airbrush should I buy?

I want to begin painting and airbrushing some of my own stuff, and I want a inexpensive airbrush. I paint O scale. What do you recommend? I'm looking for something cheap, of good quality. Also, what kind of paint do you recommend?
  17. G

Ross Custom Switches with Atlas O track

Anyone ever used their products? Anyone use them with Atlas O? Are they better for cost? Quality? Easier to use and install?
  18. G

Lionel Conventional diesels-TMCC upgradeable?

How easy would it be for me to take a newer lionel conventional engine and make it so it is controllable with TMCC? Also, is there a way to add railsounds too?
  19. G

Is Atlas O Nickel silver track considered "hi-rail"?

I need to know in order to properly install my lionel TMCC equipment.
  20. G

O scale railfan figures

Does anyone know if any 1:48 scale railfan "figures" of people are offered anywhere? I would like to get some people with cameras and lawn chairs sitting next to me tracks, but i haven't found any. Charlie

Back