Search results

1. S

Programming Decoders???

Been reading a lot about DCC lately, one questions I can not seem to find an answer to is this; Can you program any decoder with any DCC system? For example can you program a Soundtraxx Tsunami decoder with a Digitrax or an NCE system? Thanks...:D
  2. S

Bachman 4-8-4 Steam N Scale...

I got this old Bachman N Scale steam locomotive and it will not run. I have taken it apart and the motor works, but I can not get it to run on the track. It looks as it all the wiring is there, but then I have no idea what is suppose to be there.:confused: Does anyone know where I can...
  3. S

Trainmaster Phase 1 & Phase 2...

Could someone tell me the difference between the Trainmaster Phase 1 and Phase 2 please? Thanks...:D
  4. S

Rustoleum Textured Paint...

I was at Walmart the other day looking for some Rustoleum Red Oxide primer that someone suggested I use for painting brick buildings. My Walmart did not have any, but as I was looking over their paint selection I noticed some different colors of this textured paint they had. it was made by...
  5. S

Coupler question...

The picture below shows the two types of couplers I have on my rolling stock, I am assuming the one on the left is the best of the two becuase they seem to hook together nicely and hold real well. Is it possible to change all my rolling stock from the coupler on the right to the coupler on...
  6. S

Which Locomotive...

Hey folks, which make and model is this locomotive? Thanks:D
  7. S

Tender question...

Can someone help a newbie out with what kind of tender this is and what type of steam locomotive would go with it?
  8. S

Bachman Spectrum SD45's...

I was wondering if anyone could answer this question for me? I have a couple of Bachman Spectrum SD45's and they are brand new, they are a few years old. Not sure how old they are but they have not been run, they look brand new. My question is this, they both run fairly slow, not nearly...
  9. S

Weird track noise...

Okay all you long time model railroaders what do you think about this??? I got my track laid, got the roadbed under it. The trains were running great! So I started fastening down the track with the little nails, stopping every so often just to test run a train or two. Everything is going...
  10. S

Need a tender...

I need a tender for this engine; I am really not sure (being new) what engine this even is, but I do not have a tender for it. Can anyone give me some suggestions please? The engine seems to run good so if I can get a tender for it that would be cool...:cool: Thanks...
  11. S

DPM Buildings...

What brand of paint do most of you guys use on these buildings? I am thinking Testers and using an artist brush for painting the DPM buildings. But, as always I am open to suggestions and opinions. I like the looks of these buildings myself...
  12. S

Another ballast question...

I thought of this while laying some road bed today. Suppose you have a layout and the tracks look real nice with all the ballast you put down. Then one day you want to redo or do another layout, can the ballast be removed from the tracks and the tracks salvaged to be used again??? Or what...
  13. S

Atlas standard turnouts...

Not sure where I should put this post, so I will try here... The Atlas standard turnouts, does anyone know if the little plastic covering the coil can be removed so one can solder on a new wire?:eek:
  14. S

Gluing track down...

I have read about everyone gluing their track down with different glues and adhesives, Elmer's contact cement, and of course silicone type adhesives. I was wondering if anyone has used this stuff called "Tacky Glue" usually found in crafts stores, it comes in a sort of gold plastic bottle. My...
  15. S

Flextrack & curve raduis...

Okay, let me ask a question that may have an obvious answer to some, but unfortunately not to me (you know, the proverbial dumb question:D); When making a curve with flex track, how does one know or make the radius that they would like. In other words, if I want a minimum of a 22 inch radius...
  16. S

Wow, one heck of a lot of work...

Wow, my first layout is not all that complicated or big, but man it's a lot of work. Fun, but there is actually quite a bit of stuff to do in order to get things right and working good. I might have some progress pictures up later this evening...:D
  17. S

N Scale ballast question...

So what is the best grade and color of ballast to use for an N scale layout? I'm guessing that color is a personal preference thing, but what about the grade, fine, medium, or coarse?:confused:
  18. S

Best way to mark track...

Okay, probably should have asked before I did this but I didn't so guess I will just deal with it... What is the best or most popular way to mark the track path before the track is removed to lay roadbed? I used an extra fine Sharpie marker on both sides of the track. What does everyone...
  19. S

Cork or Foam roadbed?

So what is everyone's opinion on what is the best to use, cork or foam?:D
  20. S

Newbie needs layout opinions and/or suggestions please...

Okay, newbie here and I am trying to decide what to do for my first layout. I have a couple of ideas in my photo albums here; Layout 1 Layout 2 What I am really looking for is something that will be interesting to run, but not too complicated for a newbie, I would like to be expandable in...

Back