Need a tender...

Screwjack

New model railroader here
I need a tender for this engine;

picture.php

I am really not sure (being new) what engine this even is, but I do not have a tender for it. Can anyone give me some suggestions please? The engine seems to run good so if I can get a tender for it that would be cool...:cool:

Thanks...

#1 it looks to be an older Bachmann 2-8-2....they weren't that good, but if yours runs well, it'd be worth a tender. Bachmann sells a variety of tenders seperately. MB Klein is about as cheap as anybody. http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/category_s/1917.htm
You may not want to spend the money for a new one though......your other option is to watch ebay (or other web site).....they have "parts" from time to time.

If you remove the trailing truck you will have a RDG class I-10sa 2-8-0. 30 of these engines were completely rebuilt in the late forties into the T-1 class 4-8-4's (RDG 2100, 2101, 2102, 2124 being the remaining examples).

Buy any older Bachmann 2-8-0 or 2-8-2 to get a tender.

Thanks guys, I will look into the Bachman tenders.

Also, I will check the engine when I get home to see if it is actually a Bachman.

As for running good, heck it seems okay to me but again I am too new to really know. It's not real noisy and seems to move smoothly around the track...:confused:

The Bachman Reading class I10sa 2-8-0 came with a short or medium length USRA tender that in the L/C vol-1 show's what I would take to be a fuel oil bunker.
If memory serves me correctly the Bachmann tender had a coal load so either should do just fine. Also reading your sig , this engine also served on the WM.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Back