Search results

1. H

Slr 3205 gp-40

I started a new locomotive project of a St-Lawrence & Atlantic GP-40 road # 3205. I'm using an Atlas undecorated GP-40 model. I shortened the fuel tank to 3200 gal., I removed the top headlights, I made small wedges above the road number on the front of the cab and also modified the...
  2. H

EMD GP40 3000 and 3200 gal. fuel tanks ?

I'm starting a St-Lawrence and Atlantic GP40 locomotive project and according to a picture of the real locomotive, the fuel tank is not the usual 2600 or 3600 gal found on the GP40. http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=31815&nseq=1 Its a little bit shorter than a 3600 gal. but...
  3. H

Electric lock switches (Details West Interlocking switch)

I'm searching for photo or drawing of modern-era electric lock switch configuration for use on CTC controlled siding. There is an instruction drawing included in the Details West package showing how to arrange the parts (switch stand, junction box, actuator, telephone, etc) but I'm not sure this...
  4. H

Walthers Gold Line 86' Boxcar on 18" radius

I was searching a way to run my Walthers RTR Gold Line 86' boxcar on a 18" radius curve leading to my yard. These car are made for 24" radius and the don't turn well on anything under 22" so I removed material on the underframe (see red dot on the pic) to gives more wheel clearance to the...
  5. H

CN Dash 9 project

Here is some pics of my CN Dash 9 project. This is a modified Athearn C-44 shell with Kaslo resin wide cab. I modified the steps and anticlimbers so it look more like the real thing. I painted the model with Model Master chevy engine red and model flex engine black and I applied Microscale...
  6. H

CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

Here is some pics of a CN GP40-2LW project I started a week ago. The basis is an Athearn GP-40-2 shell with a safety cab kit from Smokey Valley (part # 25). I built the inertial fans snowshields from .040 styrene. I will shim the whole body so it sit higher and install the pilot and steps of an...
  7. H

My 4 x 8 layout

Here is my layout, a modified version of Atlas Great Eastern Trunk. I used Atlas code 83 sectional tracks on cork roadbed. I replaced the turntable from the original plan with industrial spurs. I also modified the curves so they now have a 22" or 24" radius easement section which provide better...

Back