Search results

1. D

Scratchbuilt 86' Hycube boxcar in 1/29 scale

Hey guys, I just finished this scratchbuild project and thought I should show it off here! :D For reference, the body is 3 feet long. Everything except trucks, couplers, airtank, and brakewheel is scratchbuilt. Even the decals I had to make. Most of it is Styrene or ABS plastic. The...
  2. D

Show us your Sand towers

Here's mine.....my latest scratchbuild project. A 1/29 scale version of DT&I's Flatrock,MI diesel era sand tower. The model is almost entirely plastic. The main support tube and storage tank are PVC plumbing pipe. The rest is Evergreen and Plastruct structural shapes. The expanded metal on...
  3. D

Take a cab ride - video.

Hey guys, I just uploaded my first Youtube video. Climb up into the Railgon gondola and enjoy a ride around my outdoor track. The train is 1/29 scale and has the DT&I GP38-2 #1776 as the lone power on the point with 28 cars and a caboose stretching out at about 65 feet long. This...
  4. D

Bicentennial Unit completed!

Hey all, I've been whittling away at this project for a couple years and now it's finished. This is a USA Trains GP38-2 modified to represent DT&I's version of thier Bicentennial unit. It's 1/29 scale. Battery powered Airwire R/C DCC with a Soundtraxx DSX sound decoder also. Enjoy...
  5. D

Scratchbuilt 40' HyCube boxcar

I've been busy....I scratchbuilt this car...in 1/29 scale. I wanted a Hycube boxcar I could run on my indoor layout and these MiniHycube appliance cars fit the bill. To make it easier on me I decided to cast the pieces so I only had to scratchbuild 1 side, 1 door, 1 roof, and the end is a...
  6. D

Lots of transition era drawings and photos....free!!!

For you transition era scratchbuilders and/or if you just like car and loco drawings and specs then here's something for you to look at. Google books scanned in a 1951 book (300 pages I believe). It's called 'Popular picture and plan book of railroad cars and locomotives' From the people...
  7. D

Railgon Scratchbuild

I've been working on a Thrall built Railgon from the first batch built (7/80). Unlike you HO scale guys, many items added had to be scratch built as I am modeling in 1/29th scale. This is one of the first projects that I've attempted to get the underbody detail accurate as well. For...
  8. D

Scratchbuilt Caboose - Showin off BIG style

Scratchbuilt Caboose - Showin off BIG - midweek PhotoFun Hey All, Thought I'd do a bit of SHOWIN OFF here. :D I started this project during the Christmas holiday. I say it's totally finished with the exception of replacing the trucks with caboose trucks once USA Trains releases them...
  9. D

Caboose Ride at S.R.I.

Margaret and I went up to Owosso, MI this past Sunday and took a caboose ride behind Flagg Coal No 75. Since I model the DT&I it was a bonus to ride in one of the Ann Arbor cabooses (DT&I took 6 of these for themselves while they owned the AA). We were in the caboose right behind the 75, it was...
  10. D

Pere Marquette 1225 has a new Engineer

And it's my wife! She got a half an hour being the fireman, then a half an hour being the engineer. It was my birthday present to her this year. To say she had a blast would be an understatement! :eek: She handled both jobs admirably. They told her she had a very smooth touch...

Back