Pere Marquette 1225 has a new Engineer

DTI973

And it's my wife!

PM1225_04.JPG

PM1225_05.jpg

She got a half an hour being the fireman, then a half an hour being the engineer. It was my birthday present to her this year.

To say she had a blast would be an understatement! :eek:

She handled both jobs admirably. They told her she had a very smooth touch on the throttle. And from what I saw I'd agree.

Brian B.
Modeling DT&I 1980ish

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian, that is really neat. I can't imagine the reaction I'd get from my wife if I bought her a birthday present like that. :eek: I guess your wife likes trains a lot better than mine.

Jim,
She's a Mechanical Engineer. She has always liked steam engines, and she ran a 1 1/2" scale live steamer last year and had a ball. She's not afraid to get in there and do anything (including getting dirty). Here's a picture of her running the 1 1/2" Live Steam Mikado.

MCRR STeamride.JPG

After that experience I thought that when the chance to run one of the biggest most powerful steamers still running came up I had to get her in the Engineers seat.

Brian B.

Well, that explains it then. If she's a mechanical engineer, she aready likes big machines and she's had to play with boys all her professional life to get accepted. I've only known a few female mechanicals in my career and they were always great engineers with a real love of thier work.

Back