Who owns me

NVSrr1500

Who owns this bulkhead. the load is what I always see these hauling. The cars I see are all relatively clean and new ish. From my angle, I can't get a reporting mark. Interesting color and design. to model.
IMG_0261.jpg

Who owns this bulkhead. the load is what I always see these hauling. The cars I see are all relatively clean and new ish. From my angle, I can't get a reporting mark. Interesting color and design. to model.
View attachment 180985
Good question. I just scanned the major companies and they do not look like current production from National Steel, Trinity, Gunderson, nor Greenbrier. I can't find that ACF or Pullman even make bulkhead flats. I even tried AI searches (totally worthless).

Where is this photo taken. Is that kudzu I see on the trees?

I saw two more yesterday. Loaded with poles on a csx time table east bound train. Actually south throug here into philly. The shot is just outside zoo interlocking

Good question. I just scanned the major companies and they do not look like current production from National Steel, Trinity, Gunderson, nor Greenbrier. I can't find that ACF or Pullman even make bulkhead flats. I even tried AI searches (totally worthless).

Interesting none of the makers show anything about that car. I have seen three now.

Interesting none of the makers show anything about that car. I have seen three now.
I still don't know the owner, but the builder might be Ebenezer Railcar Services. I found pictures of a car on another rail line that has the angled off edges on the bulkhead, and the same main center beam support structure. It is longer and what it doesn't have is the "wings", but I could easily guess that is an optional feature. It is the closest I've been able to find so far.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=5754270

Last edited:

ACF and Pullman[-Standard] don't exist anymore.

P-S merged into Trinity in the early 1980s.

ACF became ARI around the early 2000s, and was merged into Greenbrier in 2019.

Also Gunderson and other Greenbrier group brands are no longer used since 2019 - it's all just Greenbrier now.

The flatcar shown above is built by smaller builder Ebenezer Railcar Services. The circle decal on the right bulkhead is the ERS builder's logo.

Without the bottom half of the car to see the reporting marks and other lettering it's kinda hard to say what the owner is. Also hard to tell the exact colour tone, if it's more green or blue.

Attachments

• aimx15037detail3.jpg
    aimx15037detail3.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 18
ACF and Pullman[-Standard] don't exist anymore.

P-S merged into Trinity in the early 1980s.

ACF became ARI around the early 2000s, and was merged into Greenbrier in 2019.

Also Gunderson and other Greenbrier group brands are no longer used since 2019 - it's all just Greenbrier now.

The flatcar shown above is built by smaller builder Ebenezer Railcar Services. The circle decal on the right bulkhead is the ERS builder's logo.

Without the bottom half of the car to see the reporting marks and other lettering it's kinda hard to say what the owner is. Also hard to tell the exact colour tone, if it's more green or blue.
It is a light aqua blue. I have seen a few more that are in ttx colors Unfortunately, where I am at doesn’t allow me to see th ebottom half I did see one loaded with telephone poles.

Back