Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe- No issue with the gears?
If I remember correctly, the GP7s, two painted Reading, one Painted PRR, never has a gear issue. I did install silent decoders on the two Reading ones, the PRR remains to be upgraded. I have 5 GP-9s, (Phase 2), all PRR, and all have gear issues. I also have a good supply of replacement gears, when I get to them. What I like about the P2K GP7s is they are good slow runners.

George: I hopefully have gotten ahead of that with my wife. All the vehicles are either in the trust where either trustee can sign off for them, jointly held, or in my name. We have also signed/notarized all of them but one for sale so those titles are currently "open", the same status as cash. I suspect you may not be able to do that in every state.
Grizzled you're a smart man. I started this process 18 months ago when my wife first fell. Then when she seemed to be OK I stopped. That was a mistake and 2 falls later I'm paying for it now.
Swal

Grizzled I don't know if you're as smart as Willie that seems to know every band that ever played a song on the planet earth. What amazes me is that he knew of the Swedish band that plays fifty's style rock and roll. When I asked him about the song 55 Ford he knew it was the eight track on some video they made. How's that possible?
Swal

We have a regional airport that is still basically that way. Free parking, walk in the front to ticketing, and right through security.

They have limited flight, but if you're going to Vegas, Denver, Phoenix, or a dozen or so major cities that's the way to do it!

I hate having to use Ohare, or Midway!

When I lived in NH I used to fly from Manchester Airport (MHT( (which is now renamed to Manchester-Boston regional Airport and is bigger).

It was like that. Park, walk in, walk through security and onto the plane. Without a lot of steps. Before 9/11 at least. Even after it wasn't bad but I moved in 2002.

One time I was flying to Utah to visit and had a rifle in a case with me. I was late and parked in long term and got on the shuttle. I checked in and they said the checked luggage was closed already but to bring it to the gate and they would gate check it. I then motioned to he lady in a -- look what this is -- type motion. She said "oh" and asked me the obligatory question and then grabbed it and ran it out to the plane while I quickly went through security and got on the plane before it left. Can't do that any more.

But the few times I've flown into Ft Wayne IN it has been kind of like that. Not the rifle part but the security line has 1 person in it and the gate is not crowded and there is only a handful of gates and the airport is totally non hassle (except for delays).

I miss the old days when curb to ticket was 50 feet and you walked another 100 feet to the gate, across the ramp, climbed the steps to find maybe a half filled plane at most!
Sherrel Don't think I ever posted these but since you were a pilot here's something I had a part in long time ago

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 20
  • scan0012.jpg
    scan0012.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 20
  • scan0019.jpg
    scan0019.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 19
  • scan0024.jpg
    scan0024.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 20
I found this short video of my former workplace, which brought back many happy memories, I forgot how much we built in such a short time, and all without any machinery or some idiot from Health and Safety saying we couldn't do this or that without a horrendous amount of safety equipment, what safety equipment ?

We have a regional airport that is still basically that way. Free parking, walk in the front to ticketing, and right through security.

They have limited flight, but if you're going to Vegas, Denver, Phoenix, or a dozen or so major cities that's the way to do it!

I hate having to use Ohare, or Midway!
The most interesting airport I ever saw was Bullhead City a while back, You bought your tickets from a 7-11 and walked out to the planes, Small prop commuter planes. It was hilarious.

Good evening. It's mostly cloudy and 59.
I delved into the canned good stash I brought with me, and had a dinner of Spam and eggs. It was the lat can of Spam, leaving two cans of ravioli and a slew of canned veggies. Yes, we had stocked up on canned goods and paper products...

Good evening ALL! It has rained all day long! We are approaching 2 inches for the day with 2 more days of forecast rain? The weather peope out here are going NUTS! We are now 3.5 inches above "normal"; however downtown L.A. is reporting 6.5 inches for the day!

CHAD .. I've forgotten how many guns that I carried in the cockpit - exactly as you mentioned!

MIKE - that looks like a BeeDee - could it be? I was not aware that they built a water version. I always wanted a midget mustang - should have bought it when I had the money, but spent it all on women and booze! The rest I gambled away!

GUY - So happy you are back here with us! Loved the pic of the elk; at first I thought they were meeces? My very first plane ride, was a DC-3 via Trans Texas Airways all the way from Beaumont, TX , to Shreveport, LA, by myself - I was nine YO.

Good evening. Another beautiful sunny day, Topped out at 47°, currently 37°, clear with minimal light pollution for Jersey. Going down to 26, which is where it was last night.

Tomorrow, looks like a trip to BJ's for groceries and paper goods. Very productive day on the layout. obvious that I need more track cleaning effort, and some switch maintenance. MP15 is running better, still needs the program track set up (Lok programer).

I started this process 18 months ago when my wife first fell. Then when she seemed to be OK I stopped. That was a mistake and 2 falls later I'm paying for it now.
George: We should be working on this ourselves, while we are still ambulatory. We just keep putting it off. Our, (former), family attorney now does real estate exclusively. Don't blame her, right now that's where the $ at. We struck out with Elder Law attorneys for the MIL's affairs...that time bomb is still ticking...but we need to do for ourselves. Buddy of mine, from Baltimore, a retired engineer, fell down his basement steps over the weekend, breaking his hip and his arm, (among other things). Could happen to anyone our age, at any time.

You bought your tickets from a 7-11 and walked out to the planes
Jim: And I thought St. Thomas VI, was primitive, what with all the DC-3s and Float planes around.

Hockey resumes tonight, with both the Islanders and Rangers playing. Should get the radio and listen to the Rangers - Colorado game from MSG.

Dinner tonight was Spaghetti w/meat balls in Sunday sauce. (Yeah, it's Monday). We enjoyed the meal. Does anyone remember when "Wednesday was Prince Spaghetti Night"?

George: We should be working on this ourselves, while we are still ambulatory. We just keep putting it off. Our, (former), family attorney now does real estate exclusively. Don't blame her, right now that's where the $ at. We struck out with Elder Law attorneys for the MIL's affairs...that time bomb is still ticking...but we need to do for ourselves. Buddy of mine, from Baltimore, a retired engineer, fell down his basement steps over the weekend, breaking his hip and his arm, (among other things). Could happen to anyone our age, at any time.
I just tried to get into my wife's 2013 Kia financing account because I can't find the letter from them that said the car was paid off in 2017.
I have the username and password for the account but they wanted to send an email to verify the account and the email account wanted to send a text message to verify the email account and she no longer has the phone number to call or text to. So I'm stuck on that for now. Get the lean off the car title as soon as possible. Another lesson I've learned.
Swal

Good evening ALL! It has rained all day long! We are approaching 2 inches for the day with 2 more days of forecast rain? The weather peope out here are going NUTS! We are now 3.5 inches above "normal"; however downtown L.A. is reporting 6.5 inches for the day!

CHAD .. I've forgotten how many guns that I carried in the cockpit - exactly as you mentioned!

MIKE - that looks like a BeeDee - could it be? I was not aware that they built a water version. I always wanted a midget mustang - should have bought it when I had the money, but spent it all on women and booze! The rest I gambled away!

GUY - So happy you are back here with us! Loved the pic of the elk; at first I thought they were meeces? My very first plane ride, was a DC-3 via Trans Texas Airways all the way from Beaumont, TX , to Shreveport, LA, by myself - I was nine YO.
Sherrel I think that was the BD-5 and nope this was an experimental Hoped to build more for sale just never happened This could land and take off from land or water was fun to fly

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 13
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 14
  • scan0017.jpg
    scan0017.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.