Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats some beautiful country!

Some good inspiration for a mountain scene on the layout!
Railroading in that country would make Rollins Pass look like a piece of cake. I had many an enjoyable trip over Rollins back in 1973 and 1974. I was working 9 month gigs for the Arapaho-Roosevelt National Forest and based out of Fort Collins. Most of out job projects were on the West Slope, near Fraser and Hot Sulphur Springs. My main transportation was my then mostly stock 1955 Willys CJ 3B and it was just as quick driving that machine over Rollins as it was going through Idaho Springs. It is really unfortunate one can no longer do that. I still have the Willys but there are very few parts in it that it left Toledo with these days. The Willys has been my other "hobby" over the last 50 years but I think it is in its final iteration under my ownership.

Good morning All!
Flo, I'd like an egg, cheese, sausage, bacon breakfast sandwich please.
I'll let you surprise me as to whether or not it comes on a biscuit, bagel, croissant or Maple waffles. ;)
Yes. I'll sit here at the counter. Will have a coffee while I wait.
FLO - Double that order, please! No eggs in the house - among other necessities, and I don't like shopping on a Saturday morning! I'll join you in the corner there if you don't mind?

TODD - I had the same thing going on with a 2016 Jayco. It was driving me bonkers going off at 2AM.
Finally got down to replacing the main coach battery even though it was fully charged - seema as if just a slight drop in the voltage would set it off.

I have not anything new on my condition - and the clock is ticking. Still waiting on lab results as the source of the cancer still has not been pinpointed, and, surgery has been ruled out except as a last resort!
Chemo department is working on a "starting" regimum (I know that's not spelled correctly, but not going to try and look for it just now). They seem to think that rather than waiting - to start with a "low dose" plan NOW! Again, they have concerns over my general health overall being able to withstand the higher doses.
Kate and her sister, Jan, went with me and took extensive notes and asked many questions - an hour and 1/2 worth! They are both really positive - the Doctor is "iffy" and I am borderline too!
It just appears, to me, that I have had so many issues the last 8 years that seems that we are now trying to patch up already patched up parts? Hard for me to maintain a positive attitude, but I still refuse to throw the towel in.

I guess that I say too much anyway, but just "venting" a little? Please forgive me!

DAVID - here's praying that DAWN is better - so very sorry to hear of her health issues -- looking towards some better news from her?

As LOUIS would say: GOD bless us all!

I have not anything new on my condition - and the clock is ticking. Still waiting on lab results as the source of the cancer still has not been pinpointed, and, surgery has been ruled out except as a last resort!
Chemo department is working on a "starting" regimum (I know that's not spelled correctly, but not going to try and look for it just now). They seem to think that rather than waiting - to start with a "low dose" plan NOW! Again, they have concerns over my general health overall being able to withstand the higher doses.
Kate and her sister, Jan, went with me and took extensive notes and asked many questions - an hour and 1/2 worth! They are both really positive - the Doctor is "iffy" and I am borderline too!
It just appears, to me, that I have had so many issues the last 8 years that seems that we are now trying to patch up already patched up parts? Hard for me to maintain a positive attitude, but I still refuse to throw the towel in.

I guess that I say too much anyway, but just "venting" a little? Please forgive me!
Plenty of room in the corner.
Praying for you and vent all you want.
Funny how we never think of getting older, until we are.:oops:

FLO - Double that order, please! No eggs in the house - among other necessities, and I don't like shopping on a Saturday morning! I'll join you in the corner there if you don't mind?

TODD - I had the same thing going on with a 2016 Jayco. It was driving me bonkers going off at 2AM.
Finally got down to replacing the main coach battery even though it was fully charged - seema as if just a slight drop in the voltage would set it off.

DAVID - here's praying that DAWN is better - so very sorry to hear of her health issues -- looking towards some better news from her?

Good gosh Sherrel vent or converse all u want. The Crew is pulling for you. As to saying too much!

I say too much but it’s better to talk to us then keep it bundled in

as for the towel, just sit on it never throw it in

Your team will figure it out. Give them the time they need. I know you're in a big hurry to do something, anything, but they need to come up with a plan that kills just the cancer. I've been there, I know. For all the advancements we've made we still have three choices. Slash, burn, or poison. Don't hold it against them for being careful. Hang in there!

Good afternoon kids!

Got up at 6, showered and went to get bloodwork done at the lab right around the corner from my job. No dice, they are no longer open on Saturdays, and I fasted for this! So I zipped down the street and hit the drive thru at BK, then went to work. Not to work, but to work on MY stuff! The Saturday techs were surprised to see me fabricating support hoops for the tonneau cover on the little red S10 when they walked in. Swapped out the battery later, washed and detailed it then parked it outside so I can pick it up later. Then came home. I have to wait for wife and son#4 to come home from their adventure before I can fetch the little truck. (Can't drive 2 at once)

Played pick up sticks in the year, got a full wheel barrow load of kindling. Then installed a new belt on the Cub. (a royal P.I.A.) Just finished lunch, gonna start laundry then paint little people!

Sherrel, You got this. All of us here are either praying, wishing or simply pulling for you. All these good vibes can't be wrong!
Sorry Flo, wasn't paying attention.
Yes. A warmup please.
I just snapped back from a Jeff Wimberly Rabbit hole. :)
Very thankful he shared his models with us.
Realized a moment ago that he's our version of a John Allen.
I'll say you did, then that popped into my feed and it took me a minute to realize you had commented on a post from 2017! Can you say Time Warp?? LOL!
BBL

Good afternoon from a miserable time sitting in an airport. Boy, I sure haven’t missed this crap. Get here for a flight and the plane is not here yet. Arrives hopefully at 3pm which is 90 minutes after we should have taken off.

Received a text from the son that he went this morning out to a residence to quote on Vulture abatement. Pulls up at a West Lake address that is a high end Austin neighborhood. Walks around does his thing and the owner invites him inside the house. Next to the bar is his model trains and the son says my dad is into trains. Brian is looking at some cars and says my dad does some weathering and at Christmas had a few that looked similar. Turns out they ARE my cars! Small world!

I am about to watch the grandson play hockey back in Wisconsin. All his games are streamed so I will watch this one live. It starts in 15 minutes. Normally I watch them late at night before bed and fast forward to just when he is on the ice. They won the 1st game of State tournament qualifying last night 6-1 after losing 3 of 4 times to that team in regular season. He had 1 goal 2 assists in one of the best games the whole team has played. They have to win today and again tomorrow if they want to qualify for State. He did get a penalty for telling the referee he missed a call. His dad told me they had to talk to him last night about keeping his mouth shut during a game.

We are all in your corner!

This is the venting place.

Oh boy!! The train show was good to me!!
IMG_7736.jpeg
IMG_7738.jpeg
IMG_7737.jpeg

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 48F. Today I spent about 3 hours working on the build pretty much getting the wood portion together except actually gluing the walls together. Tomorrow I should accomplish that.

Bob- Nice haul.

Joe- The water tank will be awesome. Great switching opportunities. Those prices are beyond ridiculous.

David- Best wishes for Dawn's pain relief.

Bill- Nice print.

Mike- Hard to believe that's a Lego setup.

Sherrel- Sending prayers to you. You have overcome so many things. This is just one more.

TomO- Safe travels. It is indeed a small world.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Know what you mean! We had to shut off the notifications on our phones due to the feral cats and other neighborhood critters wandering the yard at night and setting off the ring doorbell camera, and the motion camera on the back deck.

Problem is remembering to turn them back on in the morning!
We have bats that know how to turn on the motion light in the back. The bugs come to the light and they feast.

Evening all,

Work went quick as the servers behaved for once.

A little disappointed in the train show this year. Lots of people and about 90% was n scale and Lionel and s scale. No coupler covers to be found, but place was packed. Found an engine I wanted for a decent price, but didn't bring enough money. So after driving home disappointed, wife said go get it, so I returned and bought it. Since it was after lunch, 3/4 of the crowd was gone.

Looked back over the vendors stuff and found my coupler covers. Guy said he had gone out and gotten additional stock out of his trailer when the crowd died down, so I have those. I am also now the owner of a Great Northern F7A made by Intermountain. Looked like it was nearly new as the couplers are still in a plastic bag along with a couple of detain pieces. I have at least put it on the track and it does run. Picts and further testing tomorrow.

I will say stuff has about doubled since last year.

Is an E unit really bigger than an F unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back