Recent content by stearsmania

1. S

How do you cover foam board?

I went with N to get more out of my space. Was an HO guy before. First time dealing with N, I wake up everyday and wonder if I've screwed up.
  2. S

How do you cover foam board?

I finally have my bench work finished on my N scale layout. It's massive. 14 feet long, 4 feet wide (first 8 feet), and 8 feet wide for the last 6 feet. Does that make sense? It's an L shape. my question is about the foam board. I will have cork roadbeds on top of the foam, but how do you all...
  3. S

Anyone ever use this?

Thanks for the advice! I'm close to getting started on my layout! I'll be buying this!
  4. S

This May be stupid but...

I was just trying to be practical and use all this scrap wood I have. I don't have to use it at all. It was just a thought since I've got a ton of it. Thanks for the advice!
  5. S

Anyone ever use this?

Found it on eBay. I think it's worth it to try it out.
  6. S

When using the scrap wood I'll mainly use it as my base and use newspaper to shape the mountains. I just think it would be silly to stack foam when I have some scrap wood around for the first couple of inches. Thanks for your advice!
  7. S

Anyone ever use this?

??????????????
  8. S

I am in the process of building my bench work for my FIRST layout. I recently had 40 feet of stairs built and have a ton of leftover scrap lumber. I'm going to use some of this for my bench work. My question is, and it may seem silly, but since I have all this scrap could I stack it to build...
  9. S

Paper Buildings

??? Anyone use it?
  10. S

Paper Buildings

The Evan designs software. http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com
  11. S

Paper Buildings

Ok, so I've read a little bit on the forum about the model train software. Anyone use this very often? Also, can you import your own pictures to build models with this software? thanks!
  12. S

T Shirts and Glue

I think the post I saw said they used regular Elmer's glue, bought it in like a 5 gallon bucket. Also, I have plenty of t shirts.
  13. S

T Shirts and Glue

I ran across a thread here yesterday where some suggested using old t shirts and glue instead of paper towels/plaster cloth. has anyone tried this method?
  14. S

3d Printed Buildings

Nvrr49 do you sell these?
  15. S

Paper Buildings

Forgive me if this question has been asked, I have looked and I haven't seen it. Does anyone have a program or website they use to print cardstock structures? Thanks!

Back