Recent content by Sleeper

1. S

Do you think a C.M.W. Yellow Transit Bus might pass for a school bus?

I don't know what color it is and I didn't feel like taking the time of discussing colors, all I know it that the n-sale bus is more yellow than the real bus and maybe adding a drop of orange to that yellow might bring it in closer. Anyway I don't feel like disusing it with you. I hate bean...
  2. S

Thanks for replying Mike. I decided to order the one above and I'm going to try to paint the white roof and add the black strips that most school buses have. I'm not sure yet but I may paint the whole thing the orange color in the photo above. I can't tell if the Classic Metal Works color will...
  3. S

Thanks! I started searching for photos of School Boxes and found this that someone took in Beltsville, Maryland of a 1991 SAF-T Liner Bus. There is a sale on a Classic Metal Works N 52301 GMC TD 3610 Transit Bus and I'm thinking about buying it.
  4. S

Hello & Merry CHRISTmas Model Train Forums

Merry Christmas JimE!
  5. S

Merry Christmas - NYC

Merry Christmas and very cool looking picture.
  6. S

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!
  7. S

I just noticed that Classic Metal Works has a yellow N-scale GMC Transit Bus and I would like to have a school bus on my layout. All the school buses I ever rode on had the front nose or hood, but the ones I bought like that off of eBay are way too large. I think I saw some school buses in...
  8. S

Anybody mount an N-Scale Local to display case?

I did that before and it only lasted 1 to 2 years before falling apart.
  9. S

What the train crew gets to see.

Nice photos At first I thought I recognized the area in one of those photos but realized that there must be many places in the desert that looks alike. This is one I took from Dagget CA
  10. S

People who are done your layouts, what's a typical session on your track look like?

For me its a never ending changing process. I get bored pretty easy watching it go around in circles so I come up with ideas on how to make it better and sometimes it means my layout is out of commission for months. Its kind of like that movie "The Money Pit" with Tom Hanks. LOL
  11. S

N Scale Christmas Layout

Looks good Tony, I have a Bachmann n-scale "Merry Christmas" 0-6-0 that I bought from eBay years ago, but it has some damage to the drive train. I wonder if the chassis from that 0-6-0 you have there will fit. I should buy one and try it out.
  12. S

I was looking at the coupler boxes and they don’t look very strong compared to the weight of the locos. I may have to wrap the wire around the frame and motor and snap the body over the wire. Anyway I found this 22 Gauge Colored Jewelry Wire that comes in black and it’s not that expensive. I...
  13. S

hmm, that sounds pretty interesting and might just work. Thanks tootnkumin. :cool:
  14. S

Thanks viperjim1, but I'm not sure if the tape will stretch out like the fishing line. When I first did the fishing line it was pretty tight and I could turn it upside down without any movement at all. Now only a year later, it moves enough to touch the glass. I just don't know what to do now.
  15. S

I mounted 3 Diesel Locos in a glass display case last year and they keep coming loose when bumped into. I want to keep them in mint condition so I had mounted them using monofilament fishing line to Kato Unitrack and glued the track to the shelf. I think the monofilament fishing line must...

Back