Do you think a C.M.W. Yellow Transit Bus might pass for a school bus?

Sleeper

I just noticed that Classic Metal Works has a yellow N-scale GMC Transit Bus and I would like to have a school bus on my layout. All the school buses I ever rode on had the front nose or hood, but the ones I bought like that off of eBay are way too large.
I think I saw some school buses in movies that did not have the front hood like the regular Transit Bus, I’m not sure.

Thanks! I started searching for photos of School Boxes and found this that someone took in Beltsville, Maryland of a 1991 SAF-T Liner Bus.

DSC00425.jpg

There is a sale on a Classic Metal Works N 52301 GMC TD 3610 Transit Bus and I'm thinking about buying it.
CMW-52301-2.jpg

The buses I rode when I was kid in CA were made by Crown. They had the flat front similar to the CMW bus. I bought a resin school bus on eBay of a 1940 bus made by FNS. I haven't finished it yet, but it looks like it will build-up into a very nice model. There are a couple of '70's/'80's style buses on the bay as well.

Thanks for replying Mike. I decided to order the one above and I'm going to try to paint the white roof and add the black strips that most school buses have.
I'm not sure yet but I may paint the whole thing the orange color in the photo above. I can't tell if the Classic Metal Works color will pass for the actual School Bus or not.

An ORANGE, school bus??. ....................................... Surely you jest. School bus yellow is the ONLY school bus color I allow on my layout. (maybe a dark yellow, but YELLOW!) but that's me, and the best part of having your own layout is you can do ANYTHING in any color you want, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hummmmmmmm wounder how a school bus would look in purple?

An ORANGE, school bus??. ....................................... Surely you jest. School bus yellow is the ONLY school bus color I allow on my layout. (maybe a dark yellow, but YELLOW!) but that's me, and the best part of having your own layout is you can do ANYTHING in any color you want, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hummmmmmmm wounder how a school bus would look in purple?
I don't know what color it is and I didn't feel like taking the time of discussing colors, all I know it that the n-sale bus is more yellow than the real bus and maybe adding a drop of orange to that yellow might bring it in closer. Anyway I don't feel like disusing it with you. I hate bean counters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:

Back