I'm the one
Hi Guys,

Finally, my N Scale track and engines arrived today. Here is what I have:

IMG_1103_zps62e95ec4.jpg

IMG_1102_zps0e1ed4ab.jpg

IMG_1100_zps00801f4d.jpg

IMG_1101_zps6a6c0628.jpg

IMG_1099_zps2117421a.jpg

Also have the Kato 22-014 Power Pack for operation. Nothing fancy and just straight forward DC, so I should be able to handle the wiring of this layout :)

Looks good Tony, I have a Bachmann n-scale "Merry Christmas" 0-6-0 that I bought from eBay years ago, but it has some damage to the drive train. I wonder if the chassis from that 0-6-0 you have there will fit. I should buy one and try it out.

Thanks mate, this was so simple to set up and I genuinely do like the Kato Unitrack. It took all of about 15 minutes from packaging to running - wish i could do that with my HO Scale.

The engine is really nice and 'heavy' too for something it's size. It's also nicely detailed and runs beautifully, not to mention very quietly. I don't know if it would be compatible with your 0-6-0 but if it isn't, you'll still have a nice little steamer.

Hey Bob,

Yep I know it. My wife has already started looking at other rolling stock and to be completely honest, despite it's size, I really do like it. So, I have a very definite feeling that a slightly larger N Scale layout is going to be in the making soon :)

Just think about how much railroad you could fit in the area of your HO layout. Long passenger cars look great on 24" radius curves and everything else looks fantastic!. Sorry, Tony, but I'm afraid it's just a matter of time now!

Just think about how much railroad you could fit in the area of your HO layout. Long passenger cars look great on 24" radius curves and everything else looks fantastic!. Sorry, Tony, but I'm afraid it's just a matter of time now!

I agree with you Bob - a whole lot more track for not as much space ... no need to apologise, your right - it is a matter of time.

Is that 0-6-0 a Bachmann?

Yes it is and nice little engine it is. I was surprised by how heavy it was for such a small engine.

John,

I like it so far. Very easy and quick to put together, looks good and seems to be pretty durable as well. I like the Kato Power Pack as well. The accelerator is a little 'light to the feel' but other wise it is a nice unit. I don't have any Kato trains as yet but think that will be what I will end up buying so everything is compatible. If their trains are as good as their track, then I will be a very happy little camper!

Wow finally, after all that waiting from MB Klien. Just in time for Christmas.

It looks great, now lets see the snow scene around the Christmas tree?

I'll post some pictures later this evening and also ask for some suggestions as to what to put on it to give it a more authentic christmasy feel.

Okay, here is a picture of the 'lay out':

IMG_1108_zps949663d7.jpg

Maybe not the greatest lay out in the world but it works for us. It is all of 26" X 19" and my wife has taken control of it - I'm no longer allowed to have anything to do with it, other than pay for the things my better half wants for it :) By the way, the xmas tree that you can see the base of is only 24" tall including the base.

Michael,

Thank you and it is only small Michael so it didn't take long to do. You can't see it in the picture but there is a hill from half down the Tree Base to the back of the track. Just a bit of ply, foam and plaster - nothing to it really.

Thanks KB02,

The wife and I have been out shopping for it today and picked up some small wildlife and a Caboose for it. Unfortunately, not being used to how small and delicate these N Scale models are, I knocked one off the layout and lost the wheels so have bought new wheels and need to do repairs already. At least it is nothing major though.

That is a beautiful train and layout!

Those boxcars are magnificent!

I know what you mean Tony, I have one heck of a time just trying to get mine on the rails, but I love my little rascal.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Thank you Louis, and the box cars are nice. I didn't think I would like them but now I have them, they are growing on me a lot. The nice thing about them is they have a "post card" type thing on the other side where you can actually write stuff. I thought that was pretty neat.

I love the little 0-6-0 engine too, it is a great little puller and really moves along; so much so that I can't really run it much faster than half speed or it would be around the track and back at the start before it left :) I wish my HO engines would run that well!

Both you and your family have a Merry Xmas too mate.

Back