Recent content by Rico

1. Rico

Mystery decoder

Okay, well apparently Lenz does make (or made) the decoders for Bachmann so that’s what I’ll go with. Now what do I do with it? I think since I can’t program it I’ll use it as my temporary decoder when I’m working on converting a loco. Thanx a bunch fellas!
  2. Rico

Mystery decoder

Absolutely not sure! 😝 Let me look that one up…
  3. Rico

Mystery decoder

Yes, very similar! Wonder if ESU made them for Bachmann or if indeed it’s one of theirs, the plot thickens!
  4. Rico

Mystery decoder

Thanx Mike, what took you so long to reply? 😝 (man that was fast!) Yes I believe you’re correct thank you! The picture I found of an Esu looked totally different. So… do I need an ESU programmer? Seems to be what the internet is telling me.
  5. Rico

Mystery decoder

Okay guys I’m at my wits end, well let’s face it I passed that long ago and am driving in the mud now, about what type of decoder this might be. It’s out of a DCC ready Atlas GP40-2 and I don’t recall if I bought it pre installed or if myself or a friend might have done so. Any ideas? The issue...
  6. Rico

Looking for this Truck Models in H0 Scale

I’ve driven both trucks and both have tiny little cabs if you’re over four feet tall! 😆 Athearn also made the R model Mack but you’ll have to hunt for them.
  7. Rico

Looks like the station cat wandered off again......

Put her litter box outside by the door, she’ll show up.
  8. Rico

Quite the beast!!!!!!!!!

I could just drift off to sleep hearing that idle!
  9. Rico

Beginner's tunnel portal question

What I do is run a long car with the 0-5-0 switcher holding a marker at the center to mark clearances. Ya gotta do that if you plan on running a loaded Schnabel car.
  10. Rico

Waldenburg Midland

Cool, just catching up!
  11. Rico

A Look back at the Colorado Midland RR

Thanx Eric, I enjoyed that!
  12. Rico

Beginner's tunnel portal question

Woodland Scenics inside dimensions should be 4 5/8 in w x 3 13/16 in h (11.7 cm x 9.68 cm) I can recheck that later.
  13. Rico

Another John Allen vibe!

Yes Bob is missed. I remember loco #5, he did an awesome job on that if you can find the closeup of it!
  14. Rico

Still kicking

Hey Kurt, looks like you’re gonna be busy! It will be like Christmas if you’re like me, finding stuff you forgot you had!
  15. Rico

"put layout name here" my restart in H0 Scale

Yup, you can plan all you want but things always change as you go! Nice solution using the curved turnout! You end up with a slight S curve but it doesn’t look too pronounced. Oh, and yes that’s a big boxcar!

Back