Recent content by NScaler

1. NScaler

How did you get started in the hobby?

I was 23 when I got my first train set. It was the Bachman N-Scale American 4-4-0 set. My girlfriend and I were spending our first Christmas together and wanted something to put around the very small tree we had. That was the reason we purchased the N-Scale set. HO would have just been way too...
  2. NScaler

Looking for a low-run, not too costly, custom decal mfr

I did some decals for PlowGuy on here. They turned out really well I think. Do you have a printer? If so, what is it? I used a Dell 1320c Color Laser with Laser printer paper I got off Amazon. I could give you some graphic design help and some pointers if you want to try it yourself. Trust me...
  3. NScaler

Going to St Louis Transportation Museum - Any other suggestions?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. My phone went dead and my USB port has decided to stop working. Anyway, we had a good time. We started off going to the transportation museum. I got to climb aboard my favorite engine - the 4-8-8-4. There were a lot of cool trains and passenger cars to look at as...
  4. NScaler

That would be fun. I have taken a break for awhile. Spring has me working on my Mustang and tge yard so I haven't been on the PC much. I'm still here though. Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk
  5. NScaler

I was wondering if anyone in or near St Louis has any suggestions for other things to do in the St Louis area (besides the Arch and Zoo). We have a family of 5 and am looking for things fun for the kids which are 2, 7, and 13. Thanks for any suggestions. I will be watching for replies on the...
  6. NScaler

Model Builder Software....

That looks very interesting. I would be curious to know how good it is as well. I am a graphic designer and have been modifying printed paper structures I got from Clever Models. This would be nice because you can create your own. Will be watching your thread Tony.
  7. NScaler

Amazing trove of color pix pre-WW2 -- valuable to modelers depicting late 1930s....

Very cool. I found this site the other day... http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2007/01/category-trains.html
  8. NScaler

Another day, another dumbass

I have been known to go through a crossing in front of an oncoming train, but any more I sit and enjoy the train going by.
  9. NScaler

WPF 4/14 to 4/21

I planted my half-dead tree. The camera is showing me areas where I need to do some touching up. God I wish I could see that good LOL.
  10. NScaler

Researching Union Pacific's Wyoming Division

Do you have a link to the actual group? I searched and am not sure which group you are referring to. Thanks! As for the 4-4-0... it may not be prototypical. But I will find a place for it. It is the loco that got me into model railroading, so I have to have it utilized somehow. I have been...
  11. NScaler

Dream steam train build!

Very well done. And a fitting end to the tread. Congrats man!
  12. NScaler

WPF 4/7 to 4/13/2014

Trees or not that looks good. I see next weeks has started so I will move along ;)
  13. NScaler

WPF 4/7 to 4/13/2014

Just some stuff I learned from watching you guys work Tony ;)
  14. NScaler

WPF 4/7 to 4/13/2014

Sorry guys. I forgot to come update my links after some organizing. They are back up now. Tony, That concrete slab is just painted and weathered basswood. I first sealed the wood, then I scribed the expansion joints with an exacto blade. Then I drug an exacto blade upside down back through each...
  15. NScaler

WPF 4/7 to 4/13/2014

I have been waiting for these shots Ray. That has turned out so great. Good job! I have been slowly progressing on my mini diorama, working on one detail at a time. I am currently building a tree for placement behind the fence. I thought about adding foliage, but since this is a scene from a...

Back