Recent content by ledzeppelinfan1

1. L

ledzeppelinfan1's Layout Journal...

Hey guys...its been a while and I must say that the last shots I posted of this layout actually shocked me. I have improved upon those shots immensely. Recently I painted the rails on my track which made a huge difference!!! Many, many, MANY, more trees and dimension have been added. Soon, I...
  2. L

Got my figures in the mail so I can finally have a layout with people on it!!! My plan is to put them on small square clear pieces of plastic with glue that dries clear so they are movable and not permanently in one place. It would seem silly to have the rail crew stuck in static motions around...
  3. L

So...I did a last second rework in the town of Pacific...I really wasn't satisfied with that area and I did some of my best work. I'm really glad I took the time to do that as the work I did tonight is levels beyond what I had done before. I'm sure you'll agree when I show you a before/after of...
  4. L

New Layout for LASM

What a fantastic room!!!! Look forward to following!!!
  5. L

My beginner HO layout, 4 x 6 in my garage

I'm with Wombat...they do look good though. But they look a little like something else...;)
  6. L

Yeah Scott. For your 4x6 I would think a small tree would get you plenty enough. Did the wife okay it? BTW, everyone...I've entered the last 2 percent of work. I'd say its done...just tiny touch ups that really arent even necessary, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Will soon have my first op...
  7. L

Thanks guys!!! Scott, Its really easy. What I am using is a fake Christmas tree, scissors, cheap hairspray, Woodland Scenics Ground Foam Fine Green Grass, and something to Cut the limbs off the tree. I am using some heavy duty cutters I used to cut copper power cable when I did telecom work...
  8. L

Thanks a lot, guys. I put some trees on the small town of Pacific last night and let me just say, never judge anything till you have put your trees in. They truly change everything. I wasn't overly impressed with that side of the layout and now I like it just as much as the rest. Well, other...
  9. L

The wife's HO Atlas layout...

Does your railroad have a place determined? And I would go with what tootnkumin recommended. Maybe throw some weeds in somewhere...I still have a whole package of WS field grass I've yet to crack open
  10. L

Added more trees to the front...also gives a better look at the yard there than the other shots. I'm learned to not have big 'wide open' areas in the towns but to allow the trees to give visual breaks.
  11. L

Okay guys, here you go. This is about 90 percent done. I will describe what you are looking as I go along here. It took long enough to just clear the areas for pics, so forgive the lighting please. :) None of the fine details are done yet, just about 70 percent done with trees...which is taking...
  12. L

Nice...okay...updated pics on the way boys!!! Many many trees...lots of work.
  13. L

This is a test. I set up my photobucket acct. and I'm testing the linking procedure to see how it goes. This is without trees, obviously. I will post quite a few pics later. ;) Oh yes I will...assuming this goes well, that is.
  14. L

Hey yall...I sort of messed up and forgot to wipe the flux off my joints and it looks like a small blueish green tint real close to there...like some corrosion is already beginning to happen, maybe? What should I wipe on there at this point to kill that or prevent it from growing?

Back