Recent content by D94R

1. D

Rio Grande Southern's Ophir Loop.

You've got it, the Colorado Midland Railway. Busk and Ivanhoe were station stops at either end of the the Busk-Ivanhoe tunnel which was built so the CM could stop using the High Line which wound it's way back and forth over the mountain (via Hagermans Pass) the tunnel now cut through. The...
  2. D

Rio Grande Southern's Ophir Loop.

Colorado Midlands High Line between Busk and Ivanhoe would be interesting. Trains passing through the same scene 4 times. Giant curved wooden tressle. Imposing grades. And if you're interested in only static displays then model the winter of 1899 and you'd be dead on. Sent from my iPhone...
  3. D

Home layout at risk and a solution

Reasonable compromises! The wife fully knew the basement was/is/will-be dedicated for the trains and nothing but the trains. She is also into guns, cars, Jeeping, pretty much all my hobbies too so I never get an objection either.
  4. D

Vapour barrier to prevent dust?

In my rifle/reloading room I used plastic barrier and it was amazing how much dust it stopped. Most dust does come through the flooring from above unless you are leaving basement windows open. I went from having to dust my collection every day to doing it once or twice a month. I lived in Utah...
  5. D

Wpf 3/15 -> 3/21

It's spring 1977 and SD40T-2 5374 is looking factory fresh still after only a few months in active service. Her and a sister are doing what the D&RGW bought them for and that is hauling coal. Here we catch the duo in notch-8 passing the now depressed town of Colton as they struggle their way up...
  6. D

4-6-6-4 Challenger walkaround

Lighting with a long exposure. The length of the stars passing overhead will indicate just how long that shutter was open.
  7. D

Video - BLI T1 Duplex, take two

My T1 checked out OK, I was also surprised how heavy it was out of the box. Those traction tire sets aren't needed unless someone has some unrealistic grades on their layout.
  8. D

It seems I'll be taking the T1 out of the box this weekend then. My Centipedes seemed OK for the most part. I was worried about the whining/growling/humming that everyone seemed to be posting and complaining about, but mine were OK in that respect.
  9. D

The defective valve gear something to look for? I did little more with mine than open box, agree it was a T1, and shelf it for the time being.
  10. D

proposed layout

LOL. Don't care what you said, but obviously, based on the quote above, you fail to keep it to PM's. Definite ban needed.
  11. D

proposed layout

Yeesh, he can't even listen to mods and keep it to PM's. This guy needs banned. And no, no personal attacks, just pointing out what you asked for, chief.
  12. D

proposed layout

I'll let the reported posts and mods handle this. OK guys, enough is enough. If y'all have to continue, and I recommend against it, take it to PM. I have cleaned this thread up. Time to get back to a friendly discussion... -grande man
  13. D

proposed layout

Mods, can we get a clean up from post 14 on?
  14. D

proposed layout

post removed
  15. D

proposed layout

Reason I don't like back drops. Take the back drop in this picture for example. All the buildings are quartered in one direction. This is ok if you only view a layout from one direction, but it's not dynamic so if you stand in another spot, you can feasibly have foreground and back round...

Back