Recent content by craftsmaster

1. C

begining a layout.

It starts with some basic "train knowledge" and continues on to the more detailed aspects of the hobby. Right about now, you're probably excited to try a different layout than the one that came with your box, but you're not quite sure what. Why not start off with what I call the "out-and-home"...
  2. C

7&1/2" rails

Now Santa got a replacement for his dear deer and it's a train. Peace grandpa:) I really like the idea of outdoor railroading. How fast?
  3. C

track diameter help

The model train would be approximately 20¾ inches long, right? I'm also working on my large scale train. This track has 45 mm between rails.
  4. C

FAQ: G Scale and Garden Railways

This is the term modelers use to describe, surprisingly enough, the larger selections. These models come in several different scales. They all, however, operate on what's called Gauge 1 track. This track has 45 mm between rails. If you walk into a hobby store today, you'd probably discover at...
  5. C

Ballast size

Hi tankist, I'm just trying to be responsive to the thread. There's no such intent to spam anything. You have to consider that. Thanks
  6. C

Ballast size

G'Day All, Another alternative is the use of rubber rock molds. These molds produce surprisingly realistic rock formations. You'll also be pleased with how relatively inexpensive they are. The best part is that -- as with any mold -- you can reuse them. Some of my friends have had the same...
  7. C

Ballast size

Crush it a lil smaller. Try to reduce to around 2.5"
  8. C

Building a Module; CAT Equipment Rental Building

I think the next stop which is coated with white matches the road sand. CAT Equipment Rental Building needs to be redesign, just I guess. Anyway, it's good to see the progress. Keep up the good work Josh! Cheers!

Back