Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm contemplating the same situation but in my case, I'm leaving any "property improvements" to the next owners. I had an appraisal completed last summer and it was strongly insinuated that who ever bought the place would likely keep my rental residence for the "caretaker" and tear our place down and replace it. Encouraging words for something you put 20 years into creating but the new reality hereabouts.
Some things are beyond our control.
Pick your battles.
My situation is similar.
2024 is my year of change.
The new folks can deal with what's left. :)

Good Morning!

I get this simple vision, a dream, of me laying facedown in a forest snowbank, having suffered the end of old-age. My dog is sitting beside me howling into the stars.
If I gotta grow old and go, that's the way I would like it to be. At least, I'd be able to say I never gave up. I'm only 68 come morning, but, I still walk that dam dog up and down forested hills, through the snows, twice a day. My mind is made up, that I will never pack things up. I'll leave that for my sons.

Anyway, little by little, the station moves forward. I do not have the ability to make elaborate eave stanchions like those found on the real depots. It's necessary to settle for the best I can do.
3rdClass_02-28-2024 (1).JPG

I'm trimming out most of the balsa-wood building with hardwood stir-stick material. This needs to survive grandchild play, and balsa is not really stable. Hoping the hardwood helps. - The building does seem strong enough.
3rdClass_02-28-2024 (3).JPG

There should be paint on all the trim work by tonight. Then I'm hoping to get roofing very soon. Hopefully, it looks like a train station by Sunday.

Have a wonderful day, and stop talking about giving-up. Once that starts, we die!

You edit one word, but soon after that you have no problem dropping the s bomb😡
😆
But…but I thought faxxts not the u word, I have never seen him use bad language, and his f word was probably because he is too polite to say the whole word….
the s and worse the c ones are not appropriate on a family forum, although to be fair I have never seen an underage member.

I removed the old flooring from 2 bedrooms and I'm sleeping in the 3rd now. Hurt my back caring out some furniture. I hoping it's feels better in a few days. I'm not installing the floors this time. The carpenter who made the kitchen cabinets will be doing that. Did my daily routine of stopping by a visiting my wife at lunch time. I haven't had any time to take down the upper deck of my layout. I plan on keeping the lower deck at least for now but haven't had any time to run any trains.
Swal
Try warmth for the back, helps relax the muscles
if stabbing you can go between warmth and cold,
I prefer just warm as cold makes me jump

That sucks big time. I'm fortunate to have been able to pay cash for cars since 1996. Make 'em think that you're going for a loan and they discount based on the amount they think they will get as a kickback, then write a check at the last minute!
Years ago we learned to save and pay cash, we went through 3 knockers until the first, but it was well worth it long term.
We go without if we don’t have the cash, but it took losing a house to the mortgage company to get our heads in that state, so not smug just wary.

Good Morning All. Cloudy and 38°, the 20+ mph winds from the north give us a wind chill of 29°. High today and tomorrow around 51°; 70's on Friday and 80's for the weekend. Still have rain in the forecast for tomorrow, although the chance has dropped to 45%. The winds today will gradually diminish starting around noon.

Did some more mowing yesterday along with some hoeing in the garden. Instead of cutting up any more trees from the tree pile, I split some logs that are too big to fit through the heater door. That was a good workout. Some were green and some are dried. Seems like the dried ones split easier. I should probably look into renting a log splitter sometime in the future.

Yesterday out in the train shed, I felt lazy and ran trains mostly. I did finish painting all of the headstones that I had cut up, but I didn't add any more while I still mull over the placement. The more that I look at it, the more that I think that I may have gotten some too close together. Selective compression and forced perspective just don't justify it. I won't have to move many. As I type this, I remember that I failed to turn the heaters back on out there, so it will not be warm.:mad:

Here's a stretch of track through the town of Vernon.
View attachment 182651
And a train full of covered hoppers full of grain headed south on that stretch of track for export out of Houston.
View attachment 182652
View attachment 182653

Hughie - While I am bummed out regarding American Model Builders, I am at the point that I cannot use any more structures. As I recently posted I already have 13 kits from them, second only to Bar Mills with 16. That's only in regards to laser-cut wood structures. I have hundreds of plastic and other kits.
Mara - Nice score on the foam pieces.
Curt - The interior of the train shed, while not really huge, is big by many standards. It is a clear 20' x 32', more than adequate for my layout. I could have made it larger, but I limited it based on what I thought that I could handle maintenance-wise on a layout.
Chad - Congrats on the bonus.
Mike - I have left several salesmen smoldering over the years, especially since I don't exactly fit their profile of a cash-paying customer.

Today is Mario Andretti's 84th birthday. It is also the birthday of the late Rolling Stones founder and guitarist Brian Jones.

Everyone have a wonderful Wednesday.
Love the first picture, that low angle is so cool

Good evening all. After the doing paperwork an easy going day.

In the train room I have three clockwork locomotives. I ran one with 'Zephyrus' (which used to be 'Percy' from Thomas the Tank range). It was a success.

All Kirkstall & East Seacroft Railway locomotives are named after Greek mythology. 'Zephyrus' is 'The west Wind'. The three clockwork locomotives will go into the workshops for repainting and naming.

Approaching Roseville Station

Double Headed.JPG

Waiting at the Signal

IMG_2989[1].JPG

Good evening all. After the doing paperwork an easy going day.

In the train room I have three clockwork locomotives. I ran one with 'Zephyrus' (which used to be 'Percy' from Thomas the Tank range). It was a success.

All Kirkstall & East Seacroft Railway locomotives are named after Greek mythology. 'Zephyrus' is 'The west Wind'. The three clockwork locomotives will go into the workshops for repainting and naming.

Approaching Roseville Station

View attachment 182672

Waiting at the Signal

View attachment 182671
Wow how much did all the plants cost!…..weak heart!

But…but I thought faxxts not the u word, I have never seen him use bad language, and his f word was probably because he is too polite to say the whole word….
the s and worse the c ones are not appropriate on a family forum, although to be fair I have never seen an underage member.
I was just messing with him...i'm ex military, so just imagine how we can really talk😉

I was just messing with him...i'm ex military, so just imagine how we can really talk😉
ah….my dad is ex …was ex…..and the um ditties he taught me as a child meant I am very familiar with colourful language
army songs..
e.g. we scrapped him off the tarmac like a lump of strawberry jam….l

We flew in ……..um yeah I do not think I can write that one here lol

He also did nursery rhymes….the first time I repeated at school it was made very obvious it was not for public consumption

Hickory dickory dock
the mouse went up the clock
the mouse came down his bum was brown
and so was the cookoo s ….coughs splutters……

the look on the surprised teachers face still is pictured in my mind.

I won’t reiterate anymore lol

edited….I do not usually swear, and if I occasionally use a bad word I get an evil glare from the other half…..who also is capable of colourful language, but rarely does and believes women should not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back