Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was asked elsewhere if this was a kitbadh which it was, I do not think he comes to the coffee shop but I’ll tell him it’s here

Attachments

• IMG_1258.jpeg
    IMG_1258.jpeg
    456.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1268.jpeg
    IMG_1268.jpeg
    423.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3352.jpeg
    IMG_3352.jpeg
    557.6 KB · Views: 14
Good Morning, for about another 15mins.

Shovelled lots of snow, where 48hrs ago there was none. I also shovel the neighbour's front walk (single mother).
The forest trails were clear day before yesterday. Now it's hard breaking trail while walking the dog:
02-26-2024.JPG

All the framers have left to do on the depot, is build the front eave brackets. Then the roofers can get busy.
3rdClass_02-26-2024 (1).JPG

Window and doors can go in if the glass people weren't so busy shovelling out of the snow.
I'm happy with the way it turned out so far. Moving into the finishing work.

I'm going to go have an after shovel nap! Have a wonderful day!

Good Morning, for about another 15mins.

Shovelled lots of snow, where 48hrs ago there was none. I also shovel the neighbour's front walk (single mother).
The forest trails were clear day before yesterday. Now it's hard breaking trail while walking the dog:
View attachment 182468

All the framers have left to do on the depot, is build the front eave brackets. Then the roofers can get busy.
View attachment 182471
Window and doors can go in if the glass people weren't so busy shovelling out of the snow.
I'm happy with the way it turned out so far. Moving into the finishing work.

I'm going to go have an after shovel nap! Have a wonderful day!
Coming together, and kudos for looking out for the neighbour

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 48F with a warming trend this week. After laundry and chores, I headed to the train room. Today I rattle canned the detail parts, blackened the metal parts with Pewter Black, cut out all the wood walls and sanded the edges, and finally sprayed the hydrocal walls with rattle can flat white. Tomorrow I will start bracing the wood walls.

Jaz- Very nice weathering.

Bill- Very interesting photo.

David- Interesting car. Do they replace switchers in the UK?

Old 97- Thanks for the photo. It made the connection click on the use of a brake van.

TomO- Great weathering on the box car.

Willie- I think you have to decide what looks right on your layout.

Guy- That's the way I do my windows and detail parts first application of paint. Great job on the station. Shuddering...looking at your outdoor photo.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Well, howdy there internet peeps and those who know that Velma was cooler than Daphne!

It's Troy again.

Got my story on the new game posted and shared to social media far and wide. Only had one FB group take it down, because it wasn't the "right game"... Hmmmm... Made by the same company. Uses the same models minus the infantry. But the rules are different. So, I'll be posting there about "The Game Which SHALL NOT be Named"... I bet I can come up with a few things to write - like painting tanks and such, and slide in references to the new game while pointing out said tank work in the PREFERRED game...

Oh, the Drama!

Got the 3D printer humming... I need some tanks for this game. I had a STuG III still in box, so I built that today.

Anyone know what this is?

Printing.jpg

I even managed to get two walks in today, plus a trip to Target. Our local Target has closed their Self-checkout lanes. Not sure if it's a glitch in their computers, or if the management decided. Now the problem is back to waiting on another checker or two to slowly saunter up to a register from the back of the store when the line gets long. (yes, line.... When I shop they only have one register open)

I also stopped at Michael's crafts to get some oil paint and odorless mineral spirits. I want to learn how to use them for pin washes on the gaming tanks before I try it on rolling stock or locos.

Well, howdy there internet peeps and those who know that Velma was cooler than Daphne!

It's Troy again.

Got my story on the new game posted and shared to social media far and wide. Only had one FB group take it down, because it wasn't the "right game"... Hmmmm... Made by the same company. Uses the same models minus the infantry. But the rules are different. So, I'll be posting there about "The Game Which SHALL NOT be Named"... I bet I can come up with a few things to write - like painting tanks and such, and slide in references to the new game while pointing out said tank work in the PREFERRED game...

Oh, the Drama!

Got the 3D printer humming... I need some tanks for this game. I had a STuG III still in box, so I built that today.

Anyone know what this is?

View attachment 182519

I even managed to get two walks in today, plus a trip to Target. Our local Target has closed their Self-checkout lanes. Not sure if it's a glitch in their computers, or if the management decided. Now the problem is back to waiting on another checker or two to slowly saunter up to a register from the back of the store when the line gets long. (yes, line.... When I shop they only have one register open)

I also stopped at Michael's crafts to get some oil paint and odorless mineral spirits. I want to learn how to use them for pin washes on the gaming tanks before I try it on rolling stock or locos.
M4 in progress

Troy - That looks like an M4A4 Sherman with 75mm.
Jaz - Thankyou for the kind words.
Not-with-standing that I don't care for the roof style on that brick building, I must note you've done a fantastic job on the brick paint and weathering. Well done, indeed! - Is the gravel used around the building ballast material or real crushed rocks?

Seems the coffee shop has been a-bit slow this afternoon. I'm guessing there is a hockey or football game on.

Morning all,

Currently 49° and clear high later of 81°. High wind and fire warnings out for today, cold front coming through late this afternoon, possibility of snow overnight. Overnight low of 23°.

View attachment 182534

Okay Flo!
Made up my mind.
Chipped beef on toast please. :)
SOS, I haven't had that in years, but looks good. Bring me some as well Flo. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back